• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Former Black Powder gun shop in Anaheim California

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryED50

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to remember a shop Where I bought my first Black Powder arms and accessories. It was located on Beach Blvd Near Ball road Next to a place called Hobby City. This was sometime between 1985-95, I think there was also a store that sold dolls calling itself the mini whitehouse or something like that.

thanks

Gary

Thanks friend

But I mean the other one at the same location. I think it was called "The Flintlock" or something like that

Gary

I had been to the Flintlock twice. I think it was in Glendale. I was also at the shop in Anaheim a few times. I bought my son his first tomahawk there and one of those plastic powder horns filled with Spit Patch lube.

Walker47 WAS in Hobby City, which was pretty cool - as you remember there was a mini white house with dolls. I went there a lot as a kid. Walker 47 has moved a couple of times since but is in Anaheim at the moment and is one of only a couple of places in Southern CA that sells real black powder.

I think I remember something about Hobby City being bought out, but the developer changed their mind, and they were trying to bring it back but a lot of the shops had moved in the meantime. I'm sure a Google search will bring up the details.

Ah - I did a quick search myself and apparently a lot of the property is now called Adventure City or Adventure Land and has kids rides, although there's still a little stub Hobby City out front.

When you entered the driveway off Beach blvd If I remember right Walker47 was on the left in a western general store type building. The place I went to was further up on the right in a stand alone building past the Hobby store.

Gary

Back