• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

for the sake of settling the debate....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pictured is the bore on my 1993 T/C New Englander. Almost Thirty years old. I have used both pyrodex and Holy Black through the years. Ball and patch and T/C conicals cast at home. Sometimes lubed sometimes not. This bore has survived into old age because....each and every time the bore was completely cleaned of residue regardless of propellant used. Living proof that proper care and maintenance is job one. Went to the range today and pinged steel at 100 yards. 20 shots- missed maybe on four. off the bench. Wet patch between shots was all it took to keep shooting. Hope the real life longevity experiment clears it up for some.

Attachments

• 20220820_150248.jpg
    20220820_150248.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
My issue was NOT checking ever so often. Not the same as center fire rigs. I can clean/oil and put away with no issues. In the same room, BP rifles, cleaned, oiled, put away and after a while, I see 'fuzz" in the barrels. Blamed it on the BP but thinking not, just need to be played with more. Exterior sufaces, no issues. Oil them if you got em!!

Latest posts

Back