• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First day out with my new gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUNKS

40 Cal
Reaction score
First decent day on the clays with my new "early Christmas present" 180 year old English 16g percussion shotgun. Had a little trial a week ago but shot 20 rounds today. This is a sweet gun to shoot. Weighs six and a quarter pounds with the best triggers of any gun I have shot. Gun was one of a pair so was obviously built for a "gentleman" I have discovered that my first trials of 70 grains and 28 grams of shot is more of a game load. Today shot 62 grains and 25 grams which broke any clay at the club with authority. Smoking the close ones.. Think I am well hooked on muzzle loading but today decided me it's a summer sport. "cold fingers". Got to get some patterning done now with various combinations of wads

First decent day on the clays with my new "early Christmas present" 180 year old English 16g percussion shotgun. Had a little trial a week ago but shot 20 rounds today. This is a sweet gun to shoot. Weighs six and a quarter pounds with the best triggers of any gun I have shot. Gun was one of a pair so was obviously built for a "gentleman" I have discovered that my first trials of 70 grains and 28 grams of shot is more of a game load. Today shot 62 grains and 25 grams which broke any clay at the club with authority. Smoking the close ones.. Think I am well hooked on muzzle loading but today decided me it's a summer sport. "cold fingers". Got to get some patterning done now with various combinations of wads
Awesome. Would love to see photos!

Latest posts

Back