• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

finger guard buffalo skinner?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, if your persona is Native American, sharpen the skinner on only one side- chisel like. It was supposed to produce less nicks in a buffalo hide- or so I am told.

buttonbuck said:
If it was light I would have noticed that it was shot through the brisket well man I still learning. How was first season for you mine outside of random acts of kindness that make me late and my wife angry was a bust but the best part of it was the teenager is getting more into hunting as he seen a nice buck rut chasing a doe. as a 16 year old he has a lot of empathy for that buck. Well I have a ton of tags but no deer yet

I had a great first season! Used up both of my firearm tags, with my GPR :grin: , and passed up a bunch of shots to boot. I've heard a buncha guys saying they just didn't see any deer. I musta been in the right spot. Either that or Lady Luck was smilin' on me. Tagged a bambi-doe Friday morning and a pretty nice 10 pointer on Sunday. Pics in the hunting forum section. Musta seen at least 50-60 deer over the 3 days.

Muzzleloader tags kick in this weekend and I still have a pair of them. I'll be there. :thumbsup:

Good luck to you and that 16 year old! :hatsoff: I remember what it was like being his age. Yer probly right about that empathy between him and that buck. :haha:
When yer wife asks what time you'll be home, always say "It'll be AT LEAST ??:00, unless I'm tracking one or something..." NEVER say "Well, quittin' time is 5:00, so I should be home by supper". :nono:
My wife has finally, after 20 years, resigned herself to the fact that, during the deer season weekends, I'll be home by Monday... probly... :haha:

If you would feel better with a guard protecting your hand a little from slipping forward.
Perhaps you might ponder this. Bend a nail into a “U” shape. Drill a hole (same diameter of the nail) in each of slap handles, forward on the handle. Epoxy the ends of the nail into the holes. That’s the general Idea”¦. One can adjust to using a nail, brass rod, metal wire, hole depth desired and size (width or length) of the “U.”.

Latest posts

Back