• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fearnaught

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench76

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello! This is Trench. I was a regular member from 2006 from 2015.....and then life happened. I'm looking to get back in the game and I'd like to reintroduce by baby, "Fearnaught". This is an interpretation of an Indiana rifle made by the original 18th and early 19th century Indiana gun maker, John Small. The rifle was built for me by contemporary builder Roy Stroh back in 2012.

Attachments

• CloseUpCheekPiece.png
    CloseUpCheekPiece.png
    816.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CloseUpLock.png
    CloseUpLock.png
    984.2 KB · Views: 0
  • CloseUpPatchBox.png
    CloseUpPatchBox.png
    665.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CloseUpThumbPlate.png
    CloseUpThumbPlate.png
    466.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FearnaughtDeer_zps55f1a654.jpg
    FearnaughtDeer_zps55f1a654.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FullLockSide2.png
    FullLockSide2.png
    408.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FullSideplateSide.png
    FullSideplateSide.png
    468.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5940_zpse7c2fb77.jpg
    IMG_5940_zpse7c2fb77.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6489_zpsca9b3ed2.jpg
    IMG_6489_zpsca9b3ed2.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Underside.png
    Underside.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 0
My rifleguns are all sans patchbox. Could find a spot under the buttplate!
Could have it engraved on my faithful ol' P53 Enfield. Repop, not original.

Hello! This is Trench. I was a regular member from 2006 from 2015.....and then life happened. I'm looking to get back in the game and I'd like to reintroduce by baby, "Fearnaught". This is an interpretation of an Indiana rifle made by the original 18th and early 19th century Indiana gun maker, John Small. The rifle was built for me by contemporary builder Roy Stroh back in 2012.
What a beauty! John Small made great rifles. Jim Girty and William Clark had one
.Clark liked the best evidently having a Small piece and a Creamer rifle the 2 best early gunsmiths in Illinois and Indiana. Clark probably met Small in Vincennes when he spent a long time trying to solve his brother George Roger's debts from the Revolutionary war.

What a beauty! John Small made great rifles. Jim Girty and William Clark had one
.Clark liked the best evidently having a Small piece and a Creamer rifle the 2 best early gunsmiths in Illinois and Indiana. Clark probably met Small in Vincennes when he spent a long time trying to solve his brother George Roger's debts from the Revolutionary war.
So, this is the interpretation of what is thought to have been Jim Girty's rifle.

Last edited:
Back