• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Executing Small Kitchen Appliances

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Our toaster gave up the ghost the other day and, seeing as replacements at WalMart are running less than 15 bucks, I decided to retire, rather than repair.

I was carrying it out to the trash can when I decided that, side-on, it was a target that even I could hit. So I loaded up the 1860 Colt with 180 grain round-nose .44s, set the toaster atop a fence post (with a good-size hill behind it) and administered a coup de grace from 25 yards away.

It did such a spectacular backwards somersault off the post that I did it again with the other four rounds in the cylinder. It didn't look much like a toaster after the second shot.

It made an interesting chore out of taking out the trash. In fact, just as soon as this computer gives up the ghost, I now know exactly what I'm going to do with it. Might even swing it by its electrical cord, just to see how much I have to lead it.

Is this my own personal oddity, or has anybody else had their own experience with executing various and sundry household items?

Naw, I didn't shoot that printer. I wouldn't shoot a defensless piece of computer gear. I wouldn't take it out to the lower yard and pitch it over there next to the strawberry patch. Naw, I wouldnt strap on that pair of hair triggered Bisleys and have at that poor innocent piece of plastic and mutha boards........wal, tha hell I didnt....hehehehehehehe.....it shore felt gooood!

Cool idea, now I'm going through the scrap pile...

Hmmm, old fans, 1/2 ton of old kids toys, a Ford Windstar...

The list goes on and on...

Shooting junk cars and road signs, preferably from a moving vehicle, out the window or from the bed of a pickup, is a time honored Arkansas tradition. Evidence is everywhere.

Hmmm, old fans, 1/2 ton of old kids toys, a Ford Windstar...

Shooting the kids' toys just seems wrong, somehow. But the Windstar might be perfect for developing that long-range sniper's shot. Big enough to see, and wide enough to tell you how much you need to allow for windage.

Hay Mooskeetman! Yer Bess outter make short work out of that Windstar. Ah kin almost har it now: ...BOOM..WHOMP.....BOOM..WHOMP....BOOM..WHOMP..

Sounds like fun!

After I hit that deer, I wanted to do more than shoot it...

As for the kids toys, try stepping on a few in the dark, and you'll join in with me...

Now that ye mention it, Ah sees whar yer a commin from.

Am Lego blocks kept a multiplyin and dividen a long time after the kids left. Seems like they would wait tell after the lights war out an then sneek out jus whar Ah was a plannen on walkin! Yes, iffen ye gotta know, it was to the can.

They would make a neat 'sploden target iffen they was put together an they would test the eyes o the best of us jus by thimselves.

One time I had a microwave oven that didn't seem up to snuff. So we thought. Haw! We took it outside and hooked it up to a generator. We put a can of Chef Bo Ar Dee ravioleeee in it and set it on high for 10 minutes. Boy were we wrong. After about 3 minutes that can went ballistic. Blew the door off the oven. Lesson learned. Metal and microwaves don't mix. Read the Owners Manual.

We put a can of Chef Bo Ar Dee ravioleeee in it and set it on high for 10 minutes. Boy were we wrong. After about 3 minutes that can went ballistic.

Musketboy: Just think how much more fun that would have been if you used a can of FFg... ::

Use the delayed timer to start it, this would give you a chance to get way, way back...

...DON'T ACTUALLY TRY THIS, just think about doing it...

Be interesting to hear the discussion the garbage men have down at "Billie Jim's Tavern" after a day collecting shot up toasters and such. More than likely will keep would-be hoodlums at bay to hear about certain folks being eccentric enough to be killing their appliances and cars, etc.

More than likely will keep would-be hoodlums at bay to hear about certain folks being eccentric enough to be killing their appliances and cars, etc.

I shoot on my land regularly, as does a neighbor on the other end of the section, a fellow the next section over, and a friend of mine who lives about half a mile away. Anybody who drives by with the car window rolled down is certain to be "a wonderin' about the thunderin'."

The crime rate in our neck of the woods is zero. ::

Tom

Back