• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English sporting rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just found the track of the wolf web site, and the English sporting rifle kit really caught my eye. Anyone build this one? How was it? How does it shoot.

I've never build a BP rifle, but I've built a few centerfire rifles over the years, as well as made a couple hundred knives. Input appreciated.

Heres a simular thread. Same gun.
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/197759[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never done an English Rifle from a kit, but I have made a quite a few from scratch.

100_0311.jpg

Craig8-8.jpg

Wilkie8bore7.jpg

R.jpg

Craig8.jpg

Oohh I want one! The bottom pic's are simular to the one Track shows on their sight, made from a blank. I love the looks of that gun and would love one with the 31" swamped .62 cal barrel. :thumbsup:

I saw this on a web auction for 75 quid and thought English sporting rifle :confused:

It's quite the weirdest shotgun I ever bought. Strange folksy engraving, much too deep on the barrel, rifle sights, 1/3, 2/3, full cock, a patchbox barely larger than the bore etc. It is truly ghastly.

I still don't know what it is apart from being a Hughlex 1009 :redface:

best regards

Squire Robin

hughlex1009.jpg

Zonie said:
Robin: Is it common for rear sights to be installed on a shotgun?

Hi Zonie

Perhaps the occasional groove at the breech end, I have a notion this could be a school cadet gun, it's very odd :hmm:

Quid is good American for money, I distinctly heard it in Hoppity goes to town :rotf:

Rat very nearly bought himself a gun, this is one of those pieces that looks much better in pictures than in real life :thumbsup:

best regards

Squire Robin

I think ole Robin is pullin our legs about a quid being money.

Everone heer no's a quid are one o tham slimey thin's with all o tham tendricals hangging down. Ye no... em thin's at ye get's at a fanciee foood place that ye can chew on few too howers an ye stil kant swallo it?

Wee also no that a farthing is jus ah neer thin thatts far away!

Than thar is em pence's. Them is what ye havv ta say orr du iffen ye's been bad an yer preecher finds out about it.

Course, everone no's thar arr too diffarent Pounds.
At's what yer big brothar duz ta yer head iffen ye fools wit his stuff.
It kan allso bee what yer wif keeps gettin moor of as tha yeers go by. :grin:

zonie :)

That is one of the most beautiful muzzleloading rifles I have ever seen Steve Outstanding! :thumbsup: I'd love to build one one day but I doubt it would come out as nicely as yours !

Latest posts

Back