• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

elk antler skinner with elk antler hide sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackNet

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is a skinner I recently made. Used elk antler on the handle and found a guy who made the elk antler sheath for me, he used hide from the belly and it's real soft.

IMG_9840.JPG

IMG_9845.JPG

IMG_9413.JPG

Nice job. You chose a very good blade design. Who did you purchase the little crooked back skinner blade from? Is it ATS-34? I made my wife one like it and it is one of the handiest blade designs that you could carry for a real in-the-field using knife. This particular design lends itself so well to actual in the field working as it has enough belly to efficiently skin, but had enough straight blade to give decent slicing.

Congrats on the project.

Bill

This is from jantz supply. it's the silver mink blade, I also picked up the bolster set with it. the full kit comes with everything and diamondwood handles but I dislike that stuff so I bought them seperately and added my own stuff.

here

Ed

That's a beautiful knife Ed.
You did a great job on that one! :winking: :hatsoff:

Jantz are good folks. I have a LOT of stuff from them. I stop in there every time I'm by. Even tho I am in New Mexico, I do a lot of business in Dallas area, and often will go over to Okie City and down just to go by there. They are on I-35 about half way between the City and the Texas line.

I would go broke if I actually went to their store. So far I have beenplacing an order every other month and have to hold back on what I do order.

My knife gallery

Ed

what is it about a nice blade and a good handel that makes men go awwwwww!i do it you do it iguess it just a guy thing or is it the apprecciation of the metal to handel fit. but i have a dawrer full of them and never have enough :bow:

Thats a beauty. :bow: Sure do like the shape of the blade. Loves them antler handles and the sheath. Good looking powder horn also. anvil

Back