• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eat'n 'n cookin' forks and more

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On the forums there have been several discussions of the ages of forks spoons, knives etc. I am no expert but here are some items I carry to camp and hunting. The two knives with the powder horn are 1800s but probably not fur trade era … but they get lots of attention. The other pic has a stamped old serving spoon, a hand forged cooking/serving fork [who knows how old], three table forks and leather roll for them, and a set of eye glasses with wooden case. The case is very rare and in perfect condition,; worth more than the old original glasses. FWIW .. none are for sale. 0 Polecat

Attachments

• PICT0459.JPG
    PICT0459.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 186
  • PICT0461.JPG
    PICT0461.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 159
Depending on the period portrayed you may want a two tined fork, there is a lot of debate about the period of the wire twisted forks but I seen somewhere that a few were found at a fort up north some where, now all you gotta do is find a good piece of cherry wood and carve you a spoon neat thing to work on at camp in the evenings. Nice butcher knives I have a thing for old knives.

Back