• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

East Alabama Shooters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone here from East Alabama? This part of the state is sparsely populated everywhere in the Auburn-Oxford-Montgomery triangle. Not sure about a full on club, but it would be fun to have a shoot in this area of the state.

The local gun store is small, and attached to a tractor repair shop, but the owner definitely shoots BP. Might see if he knows anyone around and about that might want to have or host a small shoot.

Hi there Cattywompuss,
I am in North AL and have also been asking the same question about any BP clubs in AL. We sure do need a few here in our state. TN has some food ones.
George.

Bumping this. I'm in Blount County. I used to do a lot of historical trekking and rendezvous in Virginia and West Virginia in my teens and early twenties. I'm getting bit by the bug again and would like to get back into it at some point. My kids are getting to an age where I think they may enjoy it in the next couple years as well.

A little late but here is some info in your area.

Alabama State Silhouette Championship / Territorial Reminder

I wanted to remind everyone of the upcoming Alabama State Silhouette Championship:

April 2, 2022 (Saturday)
Alabama State Muzzle Loading Association Silhouette Championship
Magic City Gun Club
7089 Narrows Road
Pinson, AL 35126

Shoot Times: 9:00 A.M. – Finish
Registration Fee: - $15.00
Match Program: Men: 45 Shots (15 Crows - 50 Meters, 15 Buffalos - 75 Meters, 15 Bears - 100 Meters)

We will do our traditional pizza for lunch for those interested. Please let me know if you plan on being there as it helps with the planning.
I also wanted to remind everyone of the upcoming Alabama National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association Territorial (Rifle & Pistol) which will be at Brierfield Ironworks State Park in Brierfield, AL on April 29th thru May 1, 2022. I have attached a copy of the shooting program above. Below is some general information about the shoot and registration. If you can be prepared to pay for registration via check, it would be most helpful, but certainly not mandatory.

General Information:
Registration Fee NMLRA, NRA, SASS, or NSSA Member: $10.00 Member / $14.00 Non-Member
Registration Fee for Youth Shooter: $1:00
Aggregate Fee: $10.00 Member – per Agg / $14.00 Non-Member per Agg
Aggregate Fee for Youth Shooter: Free

NMLRA rules and guidelines will apply for the event. Shooting relays will be 30 minutes.

Shoot Times: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. (Friday-Saturday)
8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. (Sunday)
1:00 P.M. - Awards Ceremony (Sunday)

We typically have questions about meals and/or food vendors available during the match. There is a small store at the park which has drinks and snacks but little else. There is no place immediately around the park in which to eat. The cities of Montevallo and Centreville are 6 to 12 miles away respectively and there are eating establishments in both towns.

The address for Brierfield Ironworks State Park is 240 Furnace Pkwy. Brierfield, AL 35035. They have excellent camping facilities. If you are interested in camping please contact the park office concerning fees. (205- 665-1856). More information can be found about the park at their website: www.brierfieldironworks.com.

Directions from Birmingham or Montgomery
From Birmingham take I-65 South or from Montgomery take I-65 North to Alabama Highway 25 exit. Go South on Hwy 25 approximately 15 miles. Park entrance is on the left.
Directions from Tuscaloosa
If you are coming from Tuscaloosa take US Highway 82 to Centreville; at Centreville turn left onto Alabama Highway 25 towards Montevallo. Park is approximately 12 miles from Centreville.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please let me know.
Trey
205-629-7192

Back