• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Drop in barrels for TC new englander

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted W. Coombs

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a .50 cal. Thompson Center New Englander with a 12 ga. shotgun bbl. Is there any other bbls.that a feller can get for the New Englander? Can the gun be converted to flintlock? Thanks for your responce. Teton Ted

I don't know if the GM barrels will fit, but I see some New Englander barrels on eBay from time to time. Track of the Wolf might be able to make most anything up, if they have breechplugs.

Check Green Mountain Rifle Barrels site they have a lot more calibers avilable.

gmriflebarrel

Sorry I can't spell it all out don't want to break the forum rules. :shake:

There no company making replacement drop on barrels for the T/C New England's..

But there was a .54 cal barrel that was also made in that model.

Keep checking the auction sites and do some searching on the net sites for guys selling them..

I was thinking today that the New Englander and the Pennsylvania Hunter barrels might interchange if you wanted to convert to flint. I'm not sure that would work even if you could find one. I also thought about the White Mountain carbine. Do any of the guns share parts?

As stated above, there are NO aftermarket barrels available for the New Englander. T/C made .50 cal, .54 cal and 12 gauge barrels--you will have to find a used one.

As for converting to flintlock, you won't be able to fit a lockplate to the ROUND barrel.

Back