• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

De Witt Bailey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
De Witt passed to the great rendezvous in the sky yesterday. He will be greatly missed, by all who knew him. I am proud to have been able to call him my friend
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace.

I'm wondering why his name sounds so familiar. Can you post his obituary or tell us more about him?

188919-B61C14EF-F4BA-42D2-882D-5FCBFDC202A0.png

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace.

I'm wondering why his name sounds so familiar. Can you post his obituary or tell us more about him?

View attachment 302500
He was a student of all things muzzleloading and the author and Co author of many books. Especially British military firearms. His most recent collaboration was a book on British powder flasks. His Co author on this book was Ian Ford, also sadly deceased.

He was a student of all things muzzleloading and the author and Co author of many books. Especially British military firearms. His most recent collaboration was a book on British powder flasks. His Co author on this book was Ian Ford, also sadly deceased.
Thanks.
Again, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I don't care what other "great things," a man has done,,, if he is or was a true friend, that is far greater.

Dear Costitrike. Well it had to happen. He had a good run better run than Ian ,That's for sure. Ive pics of him Stewart & Peter Birt in a SCPBall Rendesvous. His legacy will live on .I used to give Ian all my R Vous tokens as he could never get over to do the US ones We did . Perhaps' Adrian' might get his extensive notes he will need a 20 Foot container he had so much you needed a shoe horn to get through the door! .I tell Adrian he's the new Bill C ,Blackmore and Major Back & David H It embarres's him but its true . Regards Rudyard

Dear Costitrike. Well it had to happen. He had a good run better run than Ian ,That's for sure. Ive pics of him Stewart & Peter Birt in a SCPBall Rendesvous. His legacy will live on .I used to give Ian all my R Vous tokens as he could never get over to do the US ones We did . Perhaps' Adrian' might get his extensive notes he will need a 20 Foot container he had so much you needed a shoe horn to get through the door! .I tell Adrian he's the new Bill C ,Blackmore and Major Back & David H It embarres's him but its true . Regards Rudyard
Hi my friend. Yes he had a good innings and it will come to us all. Most of my memories of De Witt are from our Rendezvous. Shinin times. Regards Simon

Dear Simon Ime in contact with Adrian re the mass of notes De Witt kept he gave it to four good keepers if I say of all of us Adrian is the youngest & most able to put them to good published use he's a reenactor so half a' primitive'. As was DeWitt of course . Paul S might have got the guns I made DeWitt a Willson Export Lancaster years ago Maybe Martin H will know maybe David H Ile E him & see ..Ive had' a good run' knackered now but had fun getting that way ! Cheers Me.

PS I thought that was a PM Oh well no matter R

Dear Simon Ime in contact with Adrian re the mass of notes De Witt kept he gave it to four good keepers if I say of all of us Adrian is the youngest & most able to put them to good published use he's a reenactor so half a' primitive'. As was DeWitt of course . Paul S might have got the guns I made DeWitt a Willson Export Lancaster years ago Maybe Martin H will know maybe David H Ile E him & see ..Ive had' a good run' knackered now but had fun getting that way ! Cheers Me.

PS I thought that was a PM Oh well no matter R
I hope the information gets used my friend. I believe the Wilson has been with Dave Payne for a few years now. Stay safe. Simon

De Witt passed to the great rendezvous in the sky yesterday. He will be greatly missed, by all who knew him. I am proud to have been able to call him my friend

DANG

I have read a lot of what he wrote, and have one of his books, and he made a massive contribution to the knowledge base of reenactors and historians concerning what the British Army carried in the 18th and 19th centuries. He will be missed.

😢

LD

Latest posts

Back