• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Database of Maker and Importer/Distributor Marks for Identiofication

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy L. Oak

32 Cal
Reaction score
After several years of research and discussions with current individuals that have industry experience like Pierangelo Pedersoli and Val Forgett III , and Dr. Jim, Davis, I have finally gotten together a data base of photos and information on the various makers and importers/distributors. Dr. Davis has since passed away but did pass on to me a lot of his notes that I have also combined into several documents in an article blog for collectors. I am still waiting on the receipt of all of Doc's notes for the book he was working on, but the possibility of actually receiving those seems unlikely due to their location in Wyoming, but shipping costs today are astronomical, so it may take some time to ever receive them. Right now shipping a full file cabinet, computer and boxes of notes is estimated at $1,000! So I have amassed as many notes as I currently have on hand into a new web site that is nearly complete, since it seems new information continually comes to light. Many of those notes were shared in these forums by Doc when he was active in them, so you may recognize some of the information. The web site address location for the maker marks is Cap and Ball Revolvers

The web address for the complete site is Cap and Ball Revolvers

If this post is more useful elsewhere feel free to move it or share the links with others.

Back