• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Squirel Rifle Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whummell

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I want to buy this kit off of a friend for practice building. Problem is we dont know how much its worth. Its an old kit that was given to him years ago. Its a left hand percussion 32 cal still wrapped in the box. The only numbers I have found on the box are KA 756. Im assuming this is the model number. I have done an internet search for it but have found nothing. We are not looking to seel this rifle to anyone else. Just a beginning price we can both agree upon. We have been friends for almost 30yrs and dont want to cheat each other. What are your opinions on a price?

I'd probably go a little higher, maybe $150-$160. A left hand kit is kinda rare, but that's because they weren't highly sought after.

Actually, I believe there was a finished one (RH) on the classifieds in this forum not too long ago. The classifieds were closed for maintenance when I went to check.

The Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms, Fifth Edition (2007) lists the finished rifle at $235 in 100% condition, with a 5% premium for left hand versions (pg. 58); that's against an MSRP of $250 in 1994 when they were discontinued, so they haven't exactly appreciated over the years.

bought my CVA left handed .32 Squirrel gun from an overstock catalog ("C.O.M.B.") in 1986 or so for $45...I'd willingly pay $125 for one..Hank

i think what the medic said sounds reasonable. you might want to agree to let him use it after the build, just to be a 'right guy.'

I bought the CVA Squirrel gun kit in '91 for $169. This kit had a .36 cal and a .50 cal barrel included. IIRC, the single barrel kit was in the $140 range. $125 to $150 sounds like a reasonable price for the one you are looking at . . .

Thank you all for your opinons. I really appreciate it. I will finish the rifle and will be giving it to my fiance' as she is left handed. Does anybody have an idea what years these rifle were for sale? I opened the box today and started cleaning the parts. Found a coupon that expired Dec 87.

According to the Blue Book they were discontinued in 1994. I recall seeing the kits in the mid-70's, but I don't know exactly when they were introduced. Relying on my memory is hazardous, however...there's less room in there every day.

I have one marked 1983. I bought it a few years back at flea matket for 115.00. A cap lock. I shot 20grs 3ff& .311 ball,ticking patch lubed with deer tallow. I killed 19 grhogs straight before a miss. Neat little gun. My buddy had a flinter in the 80s with two barrels,one was a .45,not sure what the other one was? The stocks are beachwood. I had good luck staining them with birchwood Casey maple and the tru oil in spray can. Came out dark red. Did one with vinegar stain, it came out a satin oak color. Dilly

Some month's back Deer Creek was selling off CVA's 36s for 170. (This wasnt a kit.) Fred :hatsoff:

Back