• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA pistol advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an old CVA pistol barrel that needs some TLC. The screw that was in the powder drum was mangled and looked bad. I was going to look for a screw but not sure where to look or what to ask for.
The thing I call the “powder drum” that holds the nipple, looks fair. But I was wondering about changing it also. Thanks

Attachments

• drum.jpg
    drum.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 3
If it is metric get the correct size cap screw. If it is too long also get a nut for it. Put the nut on the screw and shorten the screw to correct length and remove the nut. That way the threads won’t be buggered. Grind off the socket part of the cap screw and file a screwdriver slit and install. If the screw is shiny, fire blue it with a torch or brown it etc. whatever is appropriate. Ace hardware probably has one for less than $1.00.

I use hex when I replace, easier to get out when FILTHY. Most will damn you for ever removing it cuz they say its not a clean out screw even though many clean it out each cleaning.

Back