• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mousegunguy

40 Cal
Reaction score
I just scored 1000 CVA caps for $35!!!
I’ve never seen them before. I was curious if anyone knows about when they were made?
image.jpg

Nice. I just checked my CVA catalog from 1983 and here they are. Your 2-pack has the same item number. Of course yours could be older or newer, but I can tell you they were being made 40 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20231109_121236.jpg
    IMG_20231109_121236.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 0
Are they brass and made in Italy? They will work and are powerful. They are also corrosive. May fit tightly on no 11 nipples.
They look brass & are from Italy.
They fit perfectly on my T/C smoothies.
I thought all caps are corrosive?

They look brass & are from Italy.
They fit perfectly on my T/C smoothies.
I thought all caps are corrosive?
This is from CCI's website :

Product Overview​

CCI® Percussion Caps provide the reliable, consistent ignition blackpowder shooters need. They feature non-corrosive, non-mercuric priming compounds with soft, ribbed copper cups, and they are available in a variety of styles.

• Non-corrosive, non-mercuric priming compounds
  • Choice of styles
  • Assembled with soft, ribbed copper cups

This is from CCI's website :

Product Overview​

CCI® Percussion Caps provide the reliable, consistent ignition blackpowder shooters need. They feature non-corrosive, non-mercuric priming compounds with soft, ribbed copper cups, and they are available in a variety of styles.

• Non-corrosive, non-mercuric priming compounds
  • Choice of styles
  • Assembled with soft, ribbed copper cups
Learning new things every day..
Thanks!

Learning new things every day..
Thanks!
Get yourself a nice small set of needle nose pliers as well. Probably gonna need it to pry them off the nipples after shooting them, they are brass and don’t really blow apart upon firing, particularly if shot in pistols or small caliber rifles. Ask me how I know. If you notice the CCI propaganda as well it indicates they made out of copper, there is a reason for that, copper is softer. As for the non corrosive part, please, come’on guys, they are use to ignite black powder for crying out loud!!!

Back