• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Custom Safe Construction Options For Firearm / Valuables ;

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic shooter

Decades of bringing worthy orig. ML back to life
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Home Gun Safe Options;
- Flush mount in-the-bed truck boxes make excellent gun safes. You can conceal them in your home , weld shielded lock covers on them for extra security & bolt them vertical or horizontal to the floor or wall.
A friend mounted his truck box 'gun safe' below a living room window as an attractive bench seat with cushions & covered the front & sides with paneling.
NOTE; for extra fireproofing concerns use sheetrock to line the interior or exterior surfaces.

I've also converted closets into gun safes by replacing the closets doors with a "flush-mounted" 3/4" plywood panel that is securely mounted to a 6ft. long heavy duty steel piano hinge. Over the plywood I attach a tall lightweight bookcase to conceal the whole affair.

NOTE; be careful to prevent edge of the bookcase from binding with the hinge, if thats a problem the edge can be concealed with a wood trim strip, plant, etc.
HOW To Attach; Remove the bookcase shelves & use the narrow area behind shelves to screw to the bookcase to the plywood door with correct length deck screws.
*If concerned about the bookcase weight, mount castors from harbor frt. under base of the bookcase, most bookcases have a cover over the base that will conceal the castors.
**For hidden latches; I've used common gate-latches that are tripped by a hidden rod or wire via a tiny hole drilled directly under a shelf. Can put a small loop in the wire latch or attach to a low interest object on the shelf.

**My "latest & best completely concealed latch" is a 1/4" dia. x 2&1/2" longsliding steel pin that is enclosed in a small aluminum tube, make sure that the pin slides freely in it's non-magnetic housing.
LOCKING PIN INSTALL; Drill a tightly fitting hole for the pin's housing in 'center' of the plywood's edge that is open & closed by a strong magnet attached to back of a picture frame that sets on a shelf. Sliding the picture frame to the right 2" opens & to left closes. I screwed a brass plate to the door jamb to provide a secure receiver for the locking-pin.
When accessed with a sliding photo frame or ? the pin will produce a crisp snap when operated. :thumb:
When completed your closet /gun safe will disappear.
Happy trails,
Relic shooter

Attachments

• IMG_E2128.JPG
    IMG_E2128.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_E2131.JPG
    IMG_E2131.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_E2129.JPG
    IMG_E2129.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_E2130.JPG
    IMG_E2130.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Score an old beater shotgun, clean it up, and dis able it so it won’t shoot. Place an apple air tag in the stock. They will grab the shotgun, keeping them from searching more, and you or the law can track them with the air tag in the gun.

Yes. Unless they banned them . Women were scared about being followed , some perv would slip one into a pocket or purse or even tape one on a car. Big outrage about them in the news.

Latest posts

Back