• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Custom .54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Question. Has anyone here on the forum or one of your friends ever had a rifle made by T.A. Brown,(custom muzzleloader works)? I have heard good things, but never held one, etc. He is building one for me the way I want one made, so I hope all turns out great.
Thanks.

Aim small, miss small

I appreciate the input. he is building me a Hawken half stock, but with a 38 inch barrel. I am mainly a hunter so it is good to have, and a touch extra powder to burn in the extra length helps to.

Aimsmall, miss small

If you look at his Lancasters. Mine is the 4th one pictured. The one in 40cal.

Beautiful rifle, how does it shoot? I understand that all his rifles are hand built, other than the rifling in the barrels, etc. I am excited to have this rifle in my hands.

Shoots very well. It has a Colerain "B" weight 42" barrel with radiused rifling. Lock is a Chambers, set off with Davis set triggers. This was the 2nd gun he built for me. I hand picked all the parts and then sent them to him to build.

If you look under photos-trophies, you will see the Lancaster in the right column, 2nd from the top, with the snow and white tail doe. That is my first custom gun and that is my first deer with a ml'er. That gun is a 50cal."B" weight 42" Colerain with an L&R lock.

I will log onto his sight and take a look. Knoxville , Ohio, I used to live in Lancaster Oh. and grew up around Pickerington, OH.
Thank you for the information.

Aim small, miss small

Back