• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Custom 32 ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a TC Cherokee 32.Right now the best groups I got are 3/4" at 25 yds. with .010 red pillow,Stumps Moose Juice,and a .310 ball.Want to try .315 balls yet but was wondering what the guys with custom made 32's are getting?

IMG_1818.jpg

3 shots 100yds from a bench

Its an old 7/8" Douglas barrel 44" long

You may want to try a different patch, just because that it may measure the same doesn't mean that it'll shoot the same. Also try out with 15 grns of powder and slowly work your way up maybe 2 grns at a time. Sounds stupid, but I have proven this to myself too many times.

Nice shooting Roy... 7/8, 44 inches, and 32 cal !!! I bet that not your favorite offhand gun. :haha:

I can normally get that type of group out of my 32 at 25 yards. I'm not a very good bench shooter because I lack the patiences it takes to watch the wind and obtain the same site picture, etc. But offhand... watch out !

Slowpoke said:
Nice shooting Roy... 7/8, 44 inches, and 32 cal !!! I bet that not your favorite offhand gun. :haha:

The gun weighs 8 1/2 lbs. and 25 lbs. of it are at the muzzle. :grin:

Increased by 5 gr. at a time from 15-40 grs.3 shot groups with 2 almost touching and 1 going to 3/4 on most loads.40 grs was the only one to start to spread.Last time I posted that I tried .020 pillow and groups at 25 were 3" with all loads.Have thought about a custom but wondered if the guys that have them get better groups or not.Yes I was on the bench with sand bags and wood on front bag not barrel.

410-er said:
Increased by 5 gr. at a time from 15-40 grs.3 shot groups with 2 almost touching and 1 going to 3/4 on most loads.40 grs was the only one to start to spread.Last time I posted that I tried .020 pillow and groups at 25 were 3" with all loads.Have thought about a custom but wondered if the guys that have them get better groups or not.Yes I was on the bench with sand bags and wood on front bag not barrel.

Custom or not from what I'm seeing would seem to be a matter of personal choice as it looks like you have things well in hand. And that 40 gr. load should take you out to 100 yd. + without opening up too much.
The .315 balls might be an improvement with the .010 ticking, but the .020 sounds like a bust.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Back