• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Covered Wooden Bridge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A neighbor to my farm did a neat thing, built a covered bridge over the stream crossing the lane leading to his house. It and an old car permanently parked by it add a nice old-time feel to the place. View attachment 68703
View attachment 68704
I took the pictures and I shoot muzzleloaders, so It's OK. ;)

Spence
That man is my hero! Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos!

A neighbor to my farm did a neat thing, built a covered bridge over the stream crossing the lane leading to his house. It and an old car permanently parked by it add a nice old-time feel to the place. View attachment 68703
View attachment 68704
I took the pictures and I shoot muzzleloaders, so It's OK. ;)

Spence
we ride our motorcycles down 509 all the time, very pretty area. guess i should be carrying the pietta with me.

Last edited:
F727-F7-B8-7419-4810-8-D3-B-74023-EDBF80-B.png

This one is located in Davy Crockett State Park in Lawrenceburg Tn.
areal beauty, I like it that it has a pedestrian walk way / bridge on the side of it!

I grew up riding horses for a living (if you wanted to call it living). The problem we faced with horses, and mules, was the sound their hooves made on the bridge floor. Wood or concrete, the hollow sound drove them nuts. We blindfolded more than one horse and they still wouldn't cross, but if we wrapped their hooves in burlap they walked nervously across it.

No covered bridges in Texas, wood is too precious. I always figured the cover was to keep the wood from rotting.

Maybe some idiots thought it was built with slave labor back in the day and made a statement.

YES this is what I suspected too, but..., such knuckleheads tend to "let their motives be known" even if it's by an anonymous tip. The fact that 150 years ago is 1871 and no slaves were enslaved at that time..., wouldn't make a difference to such "activists".

On the other hand it really could've been an accident as well as vandals using arson, just to watch the thing burn.

Anybody checked out if there is a large company that would benefit from a new bridge replacing the old covered one, that could handle larger, heavier trucks? Wouldn't be the first time a fire preceded "civic improvement"....

LD

YES this is what I suspected too, but..., such knuckleheads tend to "let their motives be known" even if it's by an anonymous tip. The fact that 150 years ago is 1871 and no slaves were enslaved at that time..., wouldn't make a difference to such "activists".

On the other hand it really could've been an accident as well as vandals using arson, just to watch the thing burn.

Anybody checked out if there is a large company that would benefit from a new bridge replacing the old covered one, that could handle larger, heavier trucks? Wouldn't be the first time a fire preceded "civic improvement"....

LD
That road has been routed around that bridge years ago and there is a turn off to park your cars and such and visit the ole bridge. the county went all out to provide some some pleasurable view of the past. the way money is now i doubt that they can come up with enough to replace it.

Latest posts

Back