• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Completed a couple more projects last month

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to keep up with the Jones's er, ahh; Two Bellys, yep thats it! :rotf: actually waded my way over to the lathe and finished up turning some butts and spout plugs to finish up 4 more horns that have been in variuos stages around the shop
horn9.jpg

horn8.jpg

horn7.jpg

horn6.jpg

All nice; superior craftsmanship!
I especially like the body color on horn #2.
:thumbsup:

Nice work Beaverman! :hatsoff: I too like the color that came out on number two.
Scott

i know if i reply to this we will be accused of all sort,s of evil doings :nono: but those are fantastic ,you do some of the best work around :bow: your horns are great ,and the plugs are most excellent :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas, its a feeble attempt, actually the horns are all real close in color, the pics just distort color from time to time and i cant figure out why?

Bill; been turning most of the plugs out of black walnut or brazilian cherry, know a fella who works building million dollar yahts and he brings us the leftovers from a job, have tried mahogany and teak, no good, need carbide tipped lathe chisels for that stuff.

Great stuff .. may I ask what you are coloring the horn body with please sir? :thumbsup: \

Davy

Davy, the throats I use various blends ofRit Berries or gelled hair color from the local beauty supply, the 2 part gel in the tube works great, squeeze out just enough color and activator to cover what you need, brush it on nice and even and let it sit 24 hours, rinse with hot water and voila! The bodies I use brown shades of leather dye, then knock that back with steel wool and then a couple coats of various stains to take them to the color that they tell me they want. Does this make sense?

Back