• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Charlotte, a Jim Chambers Lancaster Build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger on an order to Jim Chambers tonight for a .54 Lancaster Rifle with his standard wood, wooden patch box and a small flaw on the buttstock, which I am perfectly fine with. (minus a discount, of course ;) )

They say they can ship it out next week, so I am anxiously awaiting its arrival, though I'm kind of dumb that way, and always have been.

My goal is to recreate the kind of rifle one of the early Longhunters who travelled to Middle Tennessee in the 1770s, before it was legal to do so.

Her name will be Charlotte, after James Robertson's wife. Charlotte was generally given credit for winning the Battle of the Bluff in April 1781, when her husband and the rest of the men of the settlement were ambushed by a large force of Chickamauga Indians. Charlotte loosed the dogs on the Indians, creating enough of a disturbance to allow the men to escape and to cause the Indians to flee.

My plan is to finish it with Aqua Fortis and have it fairly plain, though I will try my hand at some simple carving, though nothing elaborate.

Hopefully in a short time I can post unboxing photos on this thread.

Latest posts

Back