• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers Pistol Kit - Anyone build one?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built one a couple of years ago.An outstanding "kit" with great support from the Chamber's crew when needed.The result is beautiful and very accurate.Highly recommended , go slow and measure twice !

Spikebuck,
I am in the process of building one right now. Mine has an Ed Rayl swamped barrel in .45. The barrel channel is cut perfect in the stock. The lock is smooth as glass. All the parts are first class. I ordered mine with a standard grade stock and it has a lot of figure in it. I thought Barbie had upgraded the wood, but it has standard written on it. When I pulled the breech I was happy to see it was installed perfectly.
I also ordered the drill and tap set, liners, extra pins, Chambers DVD, and a few other items. All in all including shipping, I have about $680 into it. Comparing it to other kits out there, there is no comparison. This one is first class all the way.
I also have a .40 flint pistol from another vendor. While it's accurate, when put side by side with the Chambers kit, it's like night and day. I think I had about $525 in that one.
In closing, if I were to buy another kit, be it pistol or rifle, I would get a Chambers and not even think twice about it!
Mike C.
Groveland, CA

More info. I would order a .54 cal version, 1/4" vent liner, and a $50 upgrade in wood. My preferred load is a .530 ball, .010 patch, and 30 gr. of FFFg. Some prefer 35gr and a .015 patch.
A real joy to shoot !

Mikey....same with the Chambers Isaac Haines kit I have here just waiting for my Flint Hawken to get done. Top notch. On that I upgraded on the wood to an absolutely gorgeous piece of tightly curled maple.

How much is the buttplate inlet? Hard to see in the picture, but does that buttplate have one or two "extensions" running up the grip? Or is it just a cap?

Having never done a pistol, that's the one inlet that kinda scares me. I have a pistol building DVD and of course a professional makes it look easy.

Spikebuck,
The brass pistol grip has only one extension. I was afraid of it also, but it wasn't bad at all. I got some modeling clay from Brownells and made an impression of the inside of the cap. Helped me picture how much wood had to be removed. On the inside of the grip, the trigger guard flows into it. Hope that helps.
Mikey C.

I forgot to answer, I'd say the butt cap was 60% inletted, maybe even 70%. Enough wood left on it so I didn't screw it up.
The way I see it now, it was easier then the barrel and tang.

Fauquierfarmer said:
1/4" vent liner,

Thanks for the reminder. When I got my Haines parts I was surprised to find the 5/16" version in there and promptly sent it back in exchange for the 1/4". If I go this route, I plan on the .54 as well since I already have a couple .54's, thus roundballs and all the stuff. Also, someday I might just try this on deer....who knows.

Latest posts

Back