• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Centennial Centaure Belgian Colt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim Prince of College Hill Arsenal might have a lead on one. I think he had one a few shows ago.

I had a member here sell me one. They are out there. But I think the whole thing was a pump n dump they are nothing special.
Why do you say that? What did you find lacking? According to the data on these guns there was a poor batch of one of the models towards the end of the line. I'd have to go look it up because that's all I recall at the moment.

And, yeah, they're out there. I bought one off Gunbroker a few months ago, but it was in much worse condition than described so sent it back. I had a hard time deciding since I really did like the gun and wanted to keep it, but it needed a barrel reline and a new cylinder along with a few other more minor details. It had been described as having minor corrosion in the bore and nothing said about the cylinder (or photos). Turned out the cylinder hadn't even been cleaned since whenever it was last shot - so was badly pitted. But I liked the way it felt and the quality - it felt more like the real thing than the other clones.

Last edited by a moderator:
...But I liked the way it felt and the quality - it felt more like the real thing than the other clones.

They ARE the real thing! :thumb:

This one is mine, but it is not for sale... yet...

100_6002.JPG
100_6187.JPG
100_6188.JPG

It isn't a matter of lacking. It's a matter of price. They were cheap and plentiful when they came into the country, and there was no reason to make a historical record of them. Then all of a sudden they get covered in one of the print rags, as the "most accurate" 1860 Army, and a website springs up on the convoluted and unverified historical significance. Mine is a tight example in good shape, and informal initial testing showed it to be no better or worse than a standard Pietta, which is half to a third of the cost. I know at least the history of at least one of the people involved in bringing these guns into the public theatre, and it smells like a classic pump n dump to me.

I'll have to look up what a pump n dump is, but have a good idea what it might mean.

I'm sorry the promotion/PR campaign for these guns turns you off. Unfortunately a lot of guns currently are over-priced.

Thanks for the photos B P Arn. Looks like it's been around the block a few times.

A good one is very good. There’s one on Gunbroker right now. I have no way of knowing whether it’s a “good one” or not but the price seemed reasonable.

I think your Pietta or Uberti is excellent. In a past life I made a
good side hussel trading around these black powder pieces.
All might need some minor work. For the money it is hard to beat the Pietta. Since Uberti was bought out they are internally very
good, now made with upscale Beretta computer milling. Save
your money. Also spare parts are easy for Pietta & Uberti Just
my thoughts.

Looking for an 1860 Army, but interested in others as well.
I have one that I would part with. Pm me. It is a Regular New Model Army 1st Variation, 1st Sub Variation. Unfired, new in box, three digit serial number. It is listed on the FROCS site. ( I am not the guy who the moderator has warned about that posts here under an ever-changing name) this page keeps telling my images are too large, will provide photos to you if you are interested.

Last edited:
Hi KD - I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

As for the Centaure on GB - it went for $500. One bid. I was considering it, but since a greater percentage of my purchases on that site have been other than described (sometimes much worse) I was being cautious. I contacted the seller about four days previous to the end date asking if there was any rust or pitting in the bore. Also, there was some damage to the backstrap (was mentioned in the description) but it appeared the grip was also damaged but wasn't clear in the photo. So I asked about that too. I never got a response, so decided to pass.

I have one that I would part with. Pm me. It is a Regular New Model Army 1st Variation, 1st Sub Variation. Unfired, new in box, three digit serial number. It is listed on the FROCS site. ( I am not the guy who the moderator has warned about that posts here under an ever-changing name) this page keeps telling my images are too large, will provide photos to you if you are interested.
OFFER WITHDRAWN. NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Latest posts

Back