• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Camp Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claude,

Thanks for the link. It was a enjoyable/informative read.

This tread has taken a positive turn.

Artificer said:
GREAT Link, Claude,

Thank you.

Gus

"Not enough water and no grinding today...."

I know this is OT, but that link gave me a whole new appreciation on the trouble that both Sheffield and Birmingham (only 64 miles between them) shared in the winter of 1740-1. It was so cold it froze the rivers that winter and stopped both bayonet and musket barrel production during the height of the emergency to arm British Regiments at the beginning of the War of Jenkins Ear that morphed into the War of the Austrian Succession, 1739-1748.

Gus

Started testing the convex grind on the camp knife. Wanted to make sure it was more then just a good chopper and could do other chores. So far...pretty satisfied it will process wood....

And hold a edge...

Billnpatti said:
What more could you ask of a knife? Ya done good!!

Thanks Bill and Wick!

Actually...a lot more for a camp knife. I'm reworking the spine. It's not square enough and sharp on the edges. It needs to be able to scrape finer tinder to help ignite the curls.

And it needs to prove it can bone out a animal. I'll post pics of those two this weekend. :wink:

Back