• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Creek Muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armyeod

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody here own a gun from Cabin Creek?

I am looking at their Yorktown. I was born and raised in York, PA.

Looks like a nice piece.

I haven't owned one of their guns but I can say they have a very high reputation and have dealt with both Brad and Shane, they're both good guys. I di buy one of their knives to fit a high quality quilled neck sheath. When I managed to snap a tiny bit off the point Brad told me to send it back and they reshaped the blade free. From that and what I've heard from others is they very highly reqarded in our sport.

I've done three of thier guns over the years. I have nothing I'll to say. Good parts and wood. Not a snap together parts set. Pretty straight forward assembly. If there are any problems, Brad is there to help and will make it right

Brad built a 50 cal. Yorktowne for me .. Very good workmanship and a very fine rifle. He has a web site .

Don

A buddy of mine has a Yorktown rifle from Cabin Creek. VERY nice rifle...I like it enough to consider trying to buy it from him even though I shoot LH, and it's RH.
I doubt you can go wrong.

My Trudy was a used rifle, swamped .54 38", single trigger, very plain. I wanted a very basic rifle. I had looked for a year before I found what I wanted. When it arrived I had no idea who had built her.

After some searching I discovered Trudy is a Cabin Creek PA Mountain Rifle. I have harvested many deer with her, and in fact we were out in the woods yesterday, but I didn't get a shot though did see deer.

So, I've not owned nor fired a Yorktown, BUT if it's as well made as my rifle, I'd say it's well worth the dollars.

LD

I've owned two of Brad's "Yorktowns", the first, a used, left-handed .50 caliber, which I gave to my son, who is also a lefty. Prior to turning it over to him, I had Brad build a .54 cal. for me, and it is my favorite deer rifle.

My 24 gauge fowler is a kit Brad offers, and I turned it to a lefty. It has one spring gobbler notch to its credit so far. It shoots a .562, patched round ball, but I have not satisfied myself that I shoot it well enough to take it deer hunting as yet.

Brad is a fine person with which to do business, and has always treated me well. I've sent two friends to him for Yorktown rifles, and both are very satisfied customers. I highly recommend his work. :thumbsup:

Brad built a .62 cal. Pennsylvania long rifle for me thirty six (36 ) years ago.
His choice of parts are/were right on. Never a failure.
It has taken moose, white tailed deer, ground hog, even grouse and turkey.
With 90 grains of 3f, it murders steel gongs, even at a hundred yards
Never a lick of problems all these years later.
I do build my own guns, but I must say that Brad's guns are exceptional.
Buy with confidence!
Fred

I have a .54 cal Yorktown from Cabin Creek. I hadn't heard of them before I bought it but quickly learned of their excellent reputation. If I remember correctly mine is a very early one that they made. ( like #16 I think). I have contemplated selling it tho as I have more guns than I can shoot! Very nice guns and I highly recommend them!! Greg :)

Cabin Creek is my go-to for recalcitrant locks. They are excellent - responsive and know their flintlocks. Would absolutely buy a rifle from them.

Back