• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cabelas rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaming canvas

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the thread is on the nipple for a Cabelas Blue Ridge Rifle? I have tried the nipple in 1/4 28 and 6mmx1 guns and it is smaller. It's to big for the 12-28 on a Patriot pistol.

I've looked through the listings on TOTW and they don't have anything that says its for this rifle.

I tried the nipple in a TC and it was loose. Could be that the threads are worn down. I will have the guy who owns the rifle try a new nipple.

I have one and ordered a nipple from Tow. I don't know the thread but it's "RPL 5" size. Probably a metric thread. I just tried the new one on my rifle and it fits fine, although a bit tight to screw on. It can fool you by seeming too tight.

It's a Pedersoli rifle. I would think they're all pretty standard. I have a LGP rifle and it takes a different size.

I believe based on the Pedersoli recommendations that the threads should be 1/4 by 28.

I recently went through a similar exercise. My findings are that the thread pitch as measured for a 28 pitch is almost identical to a 1.0 mm pitch (25.4). The 6 mm measures 0.243" in diameter. Its very easy to get them confused. One will start in the other but the thread pitch will soon bind them up. I could have sworn that my 28 pitch thread gauge fit perfectly in the threads of my 6x1.0 bolt. My confusion was compounded when i tested what I thought was a 1/4x28 nipple in the threads as a perfect fit to find out later that the nipple was a metric 6x1.0.

Be careful. A 6x1.0 is too loose for use in a bolster designed for 1/4x28 and forcing a 1/4x28 nipple in a bolster threaded for 6x1.0 will damage the threads.

Do you have the original nipple?. Measure the diameter. The 6 mm will measure 0.243" and the 1/4 x28 will measure 0.250".

FWIW, the Pedersoli manual on their website shows 1/4" x 28 also, so I guess we have a consensus. That said, it is kind of surprising that it is not a metric thread.

They're good rifles. I broke the tit on the trigger guard and replaced it with an iron t.g. and buttplate with the tools I had and like it a lot better. Mine is a .32. Got a 38" barrel and is quite accurate.

Latest posts

Back