• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BUYER BEWARE - Mntnhntr is a SCAMMER

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BEWARE! Member Jon Holder (Mntnhntr) is a scammer and a thief. I sent funds for an revolver he listed here nearly 2 months ago. Item never arrived and the excuse started piling up. As of 2 weeks ago he stopped responding to texts and forum messages. He will not answer his phone and will not refund my money. His profile indicated he was on the forum today. I have all the texts and messages to verify this happened. PLEASE DO NOT GET SCAMMED. Info on member below:

1697917524234.png

Attachments

• 1697917479707.png
    1697917479707.png
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • 1697917488472.png
    1697917488472.png
    148 KB · Views: 0
I believe stealing money via the internet/fraud is a federal crime.

Contact the authorities in his area. ATF. FBI. State Police. Local Sherif. Etc.

Send proof and see what comes of it.

And because it's a firearmish black powder pistol, the complaint may hold more weight.

PS: How did you pay? M/O, Cashiers Check, Personal Check? Can you file a complaint with your bank or USPS and get taken care of that way?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, Im sorry you lost out but you probably saved someone else from being scammed. @64Springer is right I'd contact the authorities in his area, hoping something better becomes of it for you. Looks like its well past due for his account to be banned especially if its happened before.
Thank you. I just want to try to keep anyone else from being taken.

So, how do we make sure that he doesn't sign in with a new name?
I'm not asking HOW it's done, just IS IT being done?
I suppose one might only know from the payment info. It would be nice to have a list of scammers here with real names, etc. Something we could check before closing a deal would help. I lost on this one. Sad how some guys feel the need to get ahead by stealing. Lesson learned.

Mntnhntr, You need to send people the stuff they paid for. If you had scammed me, I would be at your door and teach you a lesson. I absolutely hate thieves and liars. You claim to be a Marine. This is probably a lie also. DO NOT claim to be a Marine if you're not. Boy, I wish you were closer. Morons like you really get me going. Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back