• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bumblin' Bear Grease

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAlongrifle

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody use Bublin' Bear Grease? It is "An all natural patch lube designed especially for the rigors of cold weather hunting. No more "punched through" frozen patches. The exclusive blend of bear grease and beeswax, plus other natural ingredients, makes this an ideal lube for traditional shooters and re-enactors."

It sounds very authentic. I'm thinking of just making the moose milk for patch lube and cleaning, then after cleaning swabbing with alcohol and then putting a final coat of this stuff on. I'm trying to be as authentic as possible, I have center fire guns for the modern stuff! :thumbsup:

I make, sell, use lube from a mix of bear fat/beeswax. I wont go back. Cleans great, little stiff when real cold but just like bear fat, will soften real fast.

What's a good mix ratio for a bear grease/bees wax lube?I have some of both and would like to try it out.

I use the "Bumblin' Bear Grease" - it works great for me. I just transfer some from the "non-PC" plastic container to a tin for my hunting pouch.

Back