• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Olde Turkey Track?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know we just had a long thread on patch lubes but I don't remember any mention of a solvent from Taylors called Olde Turkey Track Black Powder Solvent. It was listed as a solvent and patch lube. I was getting some parts from Taylors and figured I'd try some of this but the bottle I got does not mention it as a patch lube and only gives basic instructions on cleaning. The last sentence is concerning to me. "Run dry patches till dry and clear, and GREASE WELL" The emphasis on grease well is theirs, so this makes me wonder, "Is this a powerful stripper for cleaning, not really a patch lube? I'm perfectly happy cleaning with the warm moose milk solution and was looking to try a new lube. It smells like it may have some ammonia, is a little slippy on my fingers but dries pretty quick. I can't find anything on line about it other than Taylors endorsement. Does anybody have any experience with this?

In terms of a patch lube/cleaner combined, other than the Hopes, that's the only one I know of.

I do not really know what all is out there for ML cleaning products. I did, however, happen to have gotten a spray bottle of Thompson Center 17 given to me a few months ago. That stuff really works as cleaner. I've used on on black powder and 777 powder fouling and it works great. I have went back and did the hot soapy water thing to a couple of ML after using TC 17 and the water came out clear. No fouling was noticeable. It does really good in the flash channel. I do, however, oil the heck out of my ML afterwards

TC17 works for a patch lube and cleaner for me. I pump my barrel out with Dawn Platinum mixed with water then use TC17 to finish the cleaning process then lube.

Okay, I'll bite. What's Falkenberry Juice? Never heard of it.
It used to be sold by the Oak Gun Shop. With damp patches, i could shoot all day without having to swab.

Attachments

• 16751945257013138018811406983964.jpg
    16751945257013138018811406983964.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back