• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bought a TC Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryinhard

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I did it again! Bought another rifle. Found a great deal on a TC Hawken in 50 cal. Perfect match to my 45 Hawken. Told the wife I'm gonna need a 54 now to complete the set! Shoulda seen that look! Yikes! Anyway ended up giving like $200 for it. Got a box of powder, powder flasks, caps, patches everything all together.

TH

You really do need that .54 Tryinhard. The female of the species cannot be expected to understand these things. :hmm: Then there's the .58, possibly the most fun caliber.

Bogy-2.jpg

Did TC make a 58 in the Hawken pattern? COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

If that Hawken is in good shape, you stole it for what you paid. I've been shooting mine for over thirty years and it is still a great rifle. :thumbsup:

There's one for sale right now on one of the gun auctions.It say's Thompson 58 cal Hawken right on the barrel :grin:

Decided to go to the last two hours of the local gun show. Went in looking for a couple of barrel wedges from a fellow who sells muzzle loading stuff there (mostly smokeless show). He didn't have any. Walked out with a .54 Hawken, a box full of MaxiBalls, some round balls, patches and half a dozen speed loaders. Gun is like new except for two scratches. This is the third T/C Hawken I have picked up for cheap at this show. Don't ask me why they are going for less than parts prices. Gonna be one stinky summer!

And, no, I ain't getting a .58. :wink:

Oh, and one good thing about T/C Hawkens. You can always tell the old lady, "Why, dear, this is the gun I bought ten years ago. New? What ever gave you that idea???" They all look the same to me. :grin:

Redfeather, bud you aint a liein to her. All you are doing is some creative explaining. After 40 years with the same woman. gentlemen I guarntee you that our wives pull the same stunt on us when they can. when it comes to guns, a man gotta do what a man has gotta do darlin. hounddog( in the doghouse---again)!

snowdragon said:
I doubt that's the "look" he's talking about. It's more like :cursing: . Ya, we all know the "look". Bill
I disagree... I think that's the pre-look look. The part where she thinks to herself, "Did he just seriously say that?" Then, she gets mad and dispenses the main "look." :grin:

I was in Vietnam in early 1970 when I read that TC was introducing the Hawken rifle. when I returned to the states the first thing I did was go to the local gun shop and order a TC Hawken. Forty-one years later the Hawken is still in fine shape and has killed a few deer over the years. The serial number is in the 3000 range. Heck

Back