• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder and white smoke

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GobblerKnob

40 Cal.
Reaction score
RiverRat and I ventured into the fall woods of PA in search of a couple turkeys. I was finally able to convince one to stand still long enough for a shot!

RiverRat won't soon forget peering at a hen over the turtle sight on his fowler and watching with dismay as she scooted back to join her flock mates after his fowler misfired.

Nell gave me a fit as well, but in the end, she came through with this nice gobbler. I got one on the same date last year, with the same gun, the same call, and within 100 yards of where I shot this one.

Try as we may, we couldn't convince any more to come close enough for a shot. Rick

f17fa693.jpg

00df4fb5.jpg

The pic of RiverRat was taken a week earlier, on the opening day, when it was somewhat cooler than this Saturday past. Cooler weather is upon us, although we have been experiencing some nice Indian Summer weather, recently.

Looks like Thanksgiving will be a little more thankful. :hatsoff:

The only weekend I could get out for fall turkey with the trade gun was cut short with an Army helo flying very low overhead and then a couple of Army reservists walked about 10 yards from me. They were carrying rifles, etc. So as soon as they were out of sight I quickly left the area. Later I found out they were looking for marijuanna!!

AJ/OH

AJ/OH said:
Looks like Thanksgiving will be a little more thankful. :hatsoff:

The only weekend I could get out for fall turkey with the trade gun was cut short with an Army helo flying very low overhead and then a couple of Army reservists walked about 10 yards from me. They were carrying rifles, etc. So as soon as they were out of sight I quickly left the area. Later I found out they were looking for marijuanna!!

AJ/OH

SO do we take from that story that the reservists didn't see you and kept walking? I had that happen once with a turkey hunter that almost tripped over me until I moved my leg quickly. I think we both wet our pants - me from laughing and he from fright! :rotf:

Congratulations! Turkey hunting is the #1 reason I bought my flint smoothie, but I have to wait until spring to try it. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back