• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103
Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think?

• I lke them

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I do not like them

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Maddman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'd like to give a shout out to Sudden Impact Pistol Grips for sending this awesome "Aged Ivory" grip for my Uberti Colt Walker. He can do any color on pretty much any handgun in production (And some not in production any more). What's more, unlike say, Tombstone Grips, it is one piece and not two sides and a spacer that needs to be glued together in place. Excellent feel and quality, wont slip if palms are a bit sweaty, excellent stuff and the price is unbeatable at $40. You read that right, 40 BUCKS. Get some while they're hot guys.

Attachments

• DSC00228.JPG
    DSC00228.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00229.JPG
    DSC00229.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 131
Good idea... but they look a little too much like plastic to me. The grips in the photo remind me of Pachmeyer grips. Maybe it’s just the lighting... They also look a little short on the inside of the grip frame. Again, maybe lighting...

Might be the lighting but they look short of the grip frame front and back. How's the fit in comparison to the original wood?

One thing to keep in mind is that there are numerous makers of various models, all with slight differences in fit. These grips are slightly small on the front side (No more than some Piettas or Traditions I've seen and owned) but not the back, the fit flows well and there are no sharp edges. They feel very good to the hand and the color is better in person. Did I purchase these? No I did not. The maker was kind enough to send them to me to highlight on my channel in an upcoming video and for that, I am grateful. Was I paid to indorse these? No. Do I stand to make a single dime in future sales? Nope. I like them. If I didn't I would simply send them back with no further obligation. With all do respect to everyone, there is no need to be "Snobbish". If you do not like them, then that is fine. I just suggest that the are given a shot. Besides, they can be wet sanded in areas for a better fit, I just haven't yet. But hey, the price is deffinately right. Here is a link to the eBay storefront for those interested https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...Fnun1VScQXivda86LooWN4DOXPEXQNLDqwoVV9HpsoyXw

Hey I like them fine and was merely asking a question. I especially like the price.

Lol, I wasn't meaning to come off as a prick or anything, I was speaking in general terms. But to answer your original question no, they are not always "shiny" per se. They do catch the light, but in general they simply have a sheen? to them.

I have some plastic Ajax and random EBay entrepreneur grip maker stuff (Pvt Schultz) on my single action Rugers but it adds kind of a "cheesy retro 1960s" look to them. I wouldn't personally like them on a clone of a beautiful Victorian era revolver.

I would go for a dark red set maybe on an 1858 Remington to go for a B-Movie straight to Netflix , starring Trace Adkins type look but not for my Open Tops.

Latest posts

Back