• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone shoot the Dance revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNS

32 Cal.
Reaction score
See they now have them at cabelas. Was wondering if there is any disadvantage to not having the full recoil shield. Thanks

As far as I can tell, no. They were made that way because it just so happens that such heavy steel plate was available to the makers, who simply cut the frame out of plate steel.

Is the Pietta Dance revolver authentic in its dimensions? I heard that a Dance revolver is halfway between a Dragoon and a Navy revolver in its dimensions and contours.

Norinco said:
Is the Pietta Dance revolver authentic in its dimensions?
From published specs it appears the Pietta is somewhat smaller and lighter than the originals. Cabela's shows the Pietta with 8" barrel, overall length 13-1/4", weight 2 lbs. 7 oz.
The guns are of three varieties. Number 1 is a .44 caliber, six-shot, single action revolver with a round barrel slightly over 8 inches in length and part octagon at the frame, rifled with seven grooves. The overall length of the weapon is 14 inches, weight, 3 pounds, 6 ounces, cylinder 1 7/8 inches long.... Most of the known specimens follow this description. [The other 2 varieties are a full octagon barrel and a .36 caliber.]
- Confederate Handguns, Albaugh, Benet & Simmons.

I had one..really liked it. Didnt feel any different than a 51 in the hand. The fit & finish, timing was excellent. I sold it due to Hard Times.......

Cabela's has them on sale right now for $229. You have to take the number from the new shooter's catalog and enter it into search on the website to find them but they come up at this price. I have one on the way, should be here Wed.. I read somewhere that the barrel length varied up to + or - a quarter inch from nominal dimensions. I will try to locate accurate frame dimensions and weight if I can and compare mine to an original as I am very interested in seeing how close they are.

Somewhere in storage I have a book on Confederate arms which was written (if I remember correctly) by William B Edwards in which he describes having a chainfire while shooting an original and seeing the cap from the 10 0'clock chamber flying straight back toward his right eye.

Lil brown truck just dropped off a Pieta Dance from Cabela's. I wiped off a little grease with a paper towel and took a look. The fit and finish is as good as anyone can expect from an Italian percussion revolver. I have to go to town for supplies so I won't have a chance to measure it or compare with a '51 or '60 but the grip feels like a Navy and is cut for a shoulder stock. The gun balances fine and looks to be slightly larger than an Army. You can hold it out at arms length and look straight through 4 nipples (2, 4, 8, & 10 o'clock) and out the chamber mouths so things might get interesting if the caps blew off in a chainfire. Timing, lock up and trigger are OK out of the box and the gun would function fine as is but it would benifit from a tune up. I hope to clean it and take a closer look tomorrow, more to follow.

Latest posts

Back