• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Texan On Board

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stans806

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all. I've only recently been bitten by the black powder bug and am trying to absorb all the knowledge possible. I've been using the stick and string for the past 3 years. Looking forward to lots of new info about my newest addiction.

There is always room for one more at the fire . Glad you decided to use this site to gather information on your new addiction You"ve found one of the best Traditional Black Powder sites on the net . Where are you located in the panhandle ? I used to travel in that area quite often ? :thumbsup:

Welcome to the MLF! Glad to hear another has been bitten by the black powder bug. Pull up a stump and join us at the fire and share a tale or two.

Welcome. You'll find a wealth of knowledge here. So any questions you have ask. So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Welcome! Plenty of room by the fire! Almost as much as Texas, but not quite! :thumbsup:

gordy said:
There is always room for one more at the fire . Glad you decided to use this site to gather information on your new addiction You"ve found one of the best Traditional Black Powder sites on the net . Where are you located in the panhandle ? I used to travel in that area quite often ? :thumbsup:

I live near Plainview (Between Amarillo and Lubbock) out in the middle of no-where. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Stan, welcome to the forum. It's your forum now, as well! Sorry to hear about your being bitten by the Black Powder bug, do they look like this down there too?
TheBlackPowderbug.jpg
:rotf: :rotf:

Actually - Colorado was once a part of the Republic of Texas :v

Welcome aboard older than dirt

Back