• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another noobie.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjim

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy there. Another noobie named Jim. I live in far Northern California Cascades. Been shooting black powder for 45 years but got out for awhile. Back into it now because of a birthday present of a Remington New Army (knockoff) and a little more leisure time.

Welcome from Virginia! Glad you're here. I've always wanted one of those revolvers with the 8 inch barrel.

Yep, we live 12 miles from the Stronghold. A piece of the old Applegate trail runs through one of our farms and we border Bloody Point where a massacre of a wagon train took place.

That'd be nice of you! But, alas, I'm afraid there's not much to share. It's been picked clean over the last 70 years. Arrowheads are all gone and the only metal left is a gazillion shotgun bb's, .22 bullets and lot's of worthless shells.

Many years ago several detector's went through and found quite a few balls.
Maybe I should go out and salt the area with a few balls from my 1858 :hmm:

Howdy Jim, welcome from Wisconsin. Sounds like you have lots of history around you. We are also close to the trail that Chief Blackhawk followed when fleeing from the soldiers.

tjim said:
:You wouldn't be the first guy to do it either! :wink: You might make some detectors happy...those guys can run to 'strange' if yours are like ours! :haha: Welcome back to the addiction, by the way. Good to see new faces...our gang here around the campfire get tired of looking at some of us old farts! :thumbsup:

Wes/Tex said:
tjim said:
:You wouldn't be the first guy to do it either! :wink: You might make some detectors happy...those guys can run to 'strange' if yours are like ours! :haha: Welcome back to the addiction, by the way. Good to see new faces...our gang here around the campfire get tired of looking at some of us old farts! :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about the "detectors". I've seen them go nuts over a .22 shell on our land...just 'cause it was near a historical place. Mor'n likely it was from me or my brother shooting jack rabbits 50 years ago :wink:
Guess I can't be too ornery though...my brother and I do some detecting and get excited at a square nail.
BTW I blend in real good with old farts especially old redneck farts :slap:

Back