• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A bark-eater has entered the camp

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMillet

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings all.

My name's Dick Millet and I hail from upstate NY. I'm a slightly displaced Adirondack Mountain Man having moved to the capital region some 15 years ago. I use the handle Muskrat as some of the best days of my life were spent on the trapline chasing after those little critters. Now most of my time is spent chasing bugs in computer systems. How the mighty have fallen. Anyway, I hunt pretty much exclusively with a flintlock nowadays and seek to spend some time with like minded folk. I may have to live in the 21st century but my heart is in the mid 1700s.

:thumbsup:

Dick

Muskrat; Welcome from another Bark Eater!Where did You hang Your traps before moveing to Latham?? I still have much family in Corinth, Greenfield center,Saratoga,Middlegrove,Etc.You,ll enjoy this Forum,great folks and much good information. :redthumb: :thumbsup:

Muskrat,
The world makes a lot more sense over a good set of flintlock sights, don't it? Welcome!!!. Glad to have you "in here".
:thumbsup:

Gordy,

I grew up in Speculator, the fifth of six kids and the only boy. Most of my misspent youth was a lesson in living history although I didn't know it at the time. I've still got a deep and abiding interest in all things Adirondack. There's an A.F. Tait painting in the Adirondack museum showing two hunters in the snow with a freshly killed dear. One of the hunters is holding a half stock percussion rifle. The first non-kit rifle I built was modelled after that gun, although I put a flintlock on it. After that I built a couple of canoes and recently finished up two guideboats. As they say "you can take the boy out of the mountains but you can't take the mountains out of the boy".

And yes madstone, over the sights of a flintlock pretty much all is right with the world.

Thanks for the welcome.

Dick ::

Muskrat,
welcome to the forum glad to have you on board. lots of friendly people and loads of information to be had here right at your fingertips.hope you will join in whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :) :thumbsup: :peace: :)

Latest posts

Back