• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 cal. replica Mississippi Euroarms of America

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw at a recent swap meet/show, an older replica from Euroarms of America; a Mississippi, with an actual correct .54 cal. barrel! Speaking of which, E of A is our of business, but I have one of their Enfield replica carbines, and it seems to be a nice tight, quality gun. Funnny, but the small difference between .54 and .58, un-noticeable to the general public, is huge to experienced muzzle-loaders, re-enactors and metal detectors!

54 cal has got to be my favorite caliber. It is grand in a 15/16ths barrel diameter with nice swing and hold capability’s. 80 or 90 grains 2F powder seems to get a very nice combo with the round ball for power and accuracy.

Did you pick up that Mississippi? If so would love to see photos of her.

54 cal has got to be my favorite caliber. It is grand in a 15/16ths barrel diameter with nice swing and hold capability’s. 80 or 90 grains 2F powder seems to get a very nice combo with the round ball for power and accuracy.

No; I have a couple similar. The woman selling for her husband who passed 4 years ago. I have a mold for it, though. Fellow had many NIB military percussion guns and couple Pedersoli flint & perc. frontier rifles. Thing is, many of these items are much more expensive now than 20+ years ago when he accumulated. So, she'll list current price then knock off few hundred, so a 1200 would be 800, but not a lot of guys are springing for that now. (I'm going to advise her to contact local clubs, that may have ML groups. Maybe I will give a 2nd look at the .54? It's an old Euroarms of America.

I have the popular .54 Lyman GPR, too; wanted it ONLY in that caliber. Perc.

I have an "older" copy of the .54 Mississippi rifle that I've had for over 20 years. It's beautifully fitted and finished and is a real "looker" in the flesh. What astonished me was the accuracy it displayed with patch and ball. I killed deer with it, shot targets and have really enjoyed this fine rifle. The only downside is its weight of 10.5 lbs. This is a rifle I wil keep at least aother 20 years.
DSC00377.jpg

Hanshi, thanks for posting her. Good lookin rifle there. Kinda resembles an old Zouave I had. Betcha that ol girl can sing when pushed. What is the twist rate in your Mississippi? My old Zouave was sumpter like a 72 twist and would NOT shoot mini’s worth a hoot. That and it had a shakey barrel to boot with a waves bore. Wound up cutting it down to a carbine and modifying the stock to fit and always have wanted to have it bored and sleeved back to a nice 58 cal.

at any rate she is a dandy and I betcha she shoots wonderful.

The "Mississippi" in .54cal is significantly heavier than a comparable rifle in .58. Barrel profile is pretty much the same. The way to think of it is the Mississippi has a "bull" barrel. As such it's a bit stiffer than a standard barrel and by extension capable of fine accuracy. I've seen more than one that was capable of 1 hole groups at 50yd all day with the right ammo.

I have an "older" copy of the .54 Mississippi rifle that I've had for over 20 years. It's beautifully fitted and finished and is a real "looker" in the flesh. What astonished me was the accuracy it displayed with patch and ball. I killed deer with it, shot targets and have really enjoyed this fine rifle. The only downside is its weight of 10.5 lbs. This is a rifle I wil keep at least aother 20 years.
DSC00377.jpg
Handsome! Classic to the max!

Back