• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 cal. Bedford, first try ,hope this works!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albert

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hometown_Miles1.jpg
.32 cal. Bedford, this rifle I built for myself for squirrel hunting. The bbl. is 44" by Bill Large, I bought from Bill about 3 yrs. before he passed on. The stock blank was bought in Friendship in 1969. The german silver inlay work was cut from sheet stock,you really need to do this just one time to appreciate using a jewelers saw. I made all of the lock except the hammer. The wood is finished with Magic Maple stain and linseed oil. You can't see it, but there is silver wire inlay, and carving on the stock. I plan to get some more pix. of this rifle and others that I have built,and am working on at the present. I enjoy shooting this rifle than any others that I have built, the squirrels go and hide when I come into the woods. This picture was taken by a locale newspaper when they did a feature on me at a folklife festival,and it was about 99 deg. in the shade.Oh!did I mention the Bad Hair Day!!!!!

Albert... That is a beautiful rifle. Those long thin barrels, stocks, and ramrods just amaze me! How on earth do you keep them all straight? :)

that really is a beautiful rifle you got there. I have always wanted a .32 caliber.

albert,

that is a truly beautiful rifle. you must be very poud to have given birth to that one(that may be why the hair was messed up). i would be very interested to know how much it weighs.

again, my compliments and take care, daniel

The rifle is actually a little heavy at eight lbs., but you have to remember this is a .32, and there is a lot of metal in that bbl. The weight is really no problem, when I go hunting with it I will normally sit for an hour or so and shoot 2 or 3, then move on to another place a little further in the woods.

Albert, that is a very nice Bedford. I built a Thomas Oldham, composite of three of his rifles, a 42" .40. I'll try to get a picture of it on here sometime. Your work is great!

Back