• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd Generation Colt revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all I hope all is well. I have a 2nd generation Colt army that I absolutely love. Question for ya... The 2nd generation 1851 Navy has that silver backstrap on it. Did Colt ever make anything similar to that back in the 1800s? It is gorgeous either way but historical accuracy means a lot to me so I am wondering if they made anything with similar looks outside of the standard brass strap model. Thanks!

Hello all I hope all is well. I have a 2nd generation Colt army that I absolutely love. Question for ya... The 2nd generation 1851 Navy has that silver backstrap on it. Did Colt ever make anything similar to that back in the 1800s? It is gorgeous either way but historical accuracy means a lot to me so I am wondering if they made anything with similar looks outside of the standard brass strap model. Thanks!
Most of Colt's "Civilian " 1851's , and the Pocket Navy models had Silver plated brass grip frames.

Whether any 1860 Armies had the silver plated grip frame I don't know 100%, I'm sure someone will, but silver plated grip frames are historically accurate

Most of Colt's "Civilian " 1851's , and the Pocket Navy models had Silver plated brass grip frames.

Whether any 1860 Armies had the silver plated grip frame I don't know 100%, I'm sure someone will, but silver plated grip frames are historically accurate
That answers my question! I had no idea. Thank you very much. Its a different ball game now that I know they are correct haha.

Would the bottom of the frame have been silver like this as well? So this is all around a gun that could have fit in the 1850s more or less? Thanks!

Attachments

• A0A02A48-9041-4A03-8C87-91F44BEA5897.png
    A0A02A48-9041-4A03-8C87-91F44BEA5897.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Back