• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

20 mm barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see why not. In fact the faster twist would help stabilize the ball at lower vels like handguns.

A 20mm would be roughly a 78 cal (25.4mm/inch) or a little larger than a Bess, so you wouldn't be getting a whole lot of velocity before it became too much to handle. And you'd need the fast twist if you wanted it big AND accurate.

John Taylor,
What is the outside diameter of such a barrel?
They must be hard and tough to stand sustained fire.
And it must have been fun turning and shaping the octagonal flats.
Fred

It turned out 1.2" across the flats for 12" and then tapered round, 38" overall length. very hard, has not been draw filed yet because I don't have that much energy. It had the chamber cut off when I got it.

I'm thinking if a 20mm is good a 30mm would be better! I saw a 30mm Gatling gun on the nose of a military plane, it was huge!

Hey, it's a pistol. As long as you don't let it kick up and whack you in the head you should be gold.

I made a 72 caliber hand gun many years back. With the big wad cutters I was using it looked like someone use a 3/4" gasket punch on the target. The hollow base wad cutters were about 700 grain and for target shooting I used 15 grains of powder. It was a fun gun to shoot but my brother-in-law started using 45 grains of powder and then it was "hold on with both hands".

I have complete (3) Vulcan barrels for 500.00 shipped I also have sections of demilled Oerlikon barrels for less depending on the length.

Rusty_Nail said:
Knowing that a 30mmm slows down an aircraft (the GAU8 gatling cannon slows an A-10 Warthog when firing), methinks a charge in a 30mm hand cannon would be a tad squirrely! :hmm:

Sir, You are a genius! This would be absolutely perfect for squirrels!

Back