• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$20.00 for shipping! SHOOOWEEE!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headhunter said:
I guess it has been a while since I bought primers! $40.00 for 1000 and $20 for HAZMAT!
DANG!!!
Headhunter

No hazmat fee on black english flints !
:grin:

Caps are normally ordered in lots of 10,000, so that the fee is more easily distributed. And additional $.002 per hundred caps is a lot more palatable than $.02.Obviously, you need a lot of friends who want to buy caps to justify such an order, and will chip in on the cost up front. That is why we form BP clubs. We also order powder in large quantities for the same cost saving reasons.

If you shoot both modern and ML rifles, then order modern powder, ammo, and primers in the same order. You only pay the one HAZMAT fee per shipment. Again, the more friends place an order, the lower the fee will be for any given item.

I had shooters in last week from New Zealand. They did not say what caps were costing there, but black powder is $80 per pound if you can find it. They said that they get a group together and make their own there, a cement mixer full at a time!!! They then grade it for size and divide it up.

Comus said:
roundball said:
No hazmat fee on black english flints !
:grin:

Not YET! :cursing:

just wait till some customs officer splits his thumb open trying to figure out if its some type of drugs ur trying to buy, then they will put a hazmat fee apon it.... :grin: :grin:

I just bought a sleeve of 1000 red label RWS musket caps for my civil war unit. $39.95, with tax that comes to $42.35 out the door. They have more than an ample supply, for the upcoming hunting season.

It is not just the hazmat fee that is running the cost of internet buying up. The regular shipping cost have went way up.
I used to jump on the internet and order small amounts of stuff regularly, but not any more. The shipping cost have made the total cost just to high. I find that on small orders I lose money, where I used to save money.
Old Charlie

I am finding from winning bids/orders from places like Ebey (spelling wrong on purpose) some people add more to shipping so as to increase their profits on thier items. why else whould an item small in weight and size cost so much to ship? last weeks newspaper, and the carton from the local grocery store. Only actual cost is tape. So they must be charging for thier time to package and then run down to the post office.

A lot of small stuff could be dropped in the mail very cheep. But is shipped UPS or FedEx for about $10. Maybe they will catch on if enough people just don't make small orders. I know I won't.
Old Charlie

Some people charge more for shipping than the actual item is worth. It is crazy.

Back