• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1860 snubby from cabelas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a Uberti, and I've had it since they started producing the 5.5 inch barrel--quite a while now. Not sure where I picked it up, I think it was part of a swap. Anyway, they show up on[url] auctionarms.com[/url] and[url] gunbroker.com[/url] all the time. No idea what they go for now, but the front sight is adustable for windage and I find that a valuable feature. I'm not sure the Piettas have this ability.

Just checked and there is one on gunbroker going for $240.00. Uberti of course. What with the exchange rate, that may be the going price right now. 7:15 East Coast time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I here that the pietta is very nice and well made, I'm getting one very soon but the case hardened 58 from cabelas is the best out there for looks and accurate shooting out of the box. It cost $199 its well worth the money you guys got to get one. My uberti 58 Remmy balances very good looks good feels good in my hand and is very accurate out of the box with 30 gr. of goex 3f.

Dboone,I carry a 3rd model dragoon often as a primary "truck"gun and an 1860 army or 1858 Remington on my person should weight be an issue.My back up is a short kbar.I understand the arguments against carrying a BP revolver vs a modern gun but being born in the wrong century I simply must do what feels natural.I do not plan to go into harms way,I am not military or law enforcement.I avoid trouble.I have a keen sense of situational awareness.I have done extensive ballistics tests, both penetration and chronographic.I have come to the conclusion that I am not as poorly armed as one may first assume.

I wouldnt want to try 2 out of it also ,you must be right under pressure it takes to blow the cyl. ITs a real short barrel right? I got a 58 with 1" and it wont penatrate much of anything ,sure wouldnt want to try it in a stock barrel. Why carry a BP in your car? For one its kind of legal here in TX with out the caps on I was told to go on when stopped(some kids 16 to 18 pulled a 25 auto on me a stop light, I " showed " my Walker they took off, I would of too. MY 33 yr old kid tryed the same thing 3yrs later and got put in jail, and lost the Walker.

"I got a 58 with 1" and it wont penatrate much of anything ,sure wouldnt want to try it in a stock barrel."

fw, not sure what you meant by this sentence. Also, i am not sure what you were replying to me about? I don't use double ball loads. I didn't ask why carry a BP revolver that i know of. Anyway, i am confused, but that has happened before. ::

I ment the REM 1858, in 44 cal. Sorry about that, my kid only lets me have so many seconds on His toy I paid for. I go fast and dont think or look back. again soory.

You have a '58 Remington with a 1" barrel? Talk about a snubnose. Wouldn't doubt there is no penetration with it. No barrel to burn the powder. :: No apology needed, i was just curious.

Back