• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$120 basketcase ready to shoot!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittsburghunter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
DSCF0509.jpg
[/img]
DSCF0507.jpg
[/img]

DSCF0506.jpg
[/img]

This old Cherokee was part of a collection that went to auction after setting in a closet dirty and loaded for years. With some extra muscle help I got the ball and charge pulled out. The nipple was fused to the bolister I had to retap to a larger sized nipple after atempts to remove the old nipple failed and it needed to be drilled out.

The barrel seemed to clean up ok with a bit of scrubbing and a little JB paste.

Now it's time to take this little .45 to the range and hope the barrel still shoots ok. This little rifle is very nice to bring up to the shoulder nice and light and a great trigger.

You did a good job on the rifle it looks like a new one. If it shoots like it looks you have a winner. It will shoot Great.

Good job :hatsoff: Some would have just junked it, so it's nice to see one revived.

I've got one of those in .32 cal. that I bought the wife almost 20 years ago when she thought she'd like to do this. Hasn't been shot in years. About half a mind to get it out and plink with it.

:confused:
What's that white stuff in your photos??? I'm from Arizona and I'm not familiar with anything like that lying on the gound. Nice job on the flame thrower.

:rotf:
Dean

Back