• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

10-bore English flintlock fowler by C. Gilgun, weighs < 5-pounds!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got to handle this today …

Immaculate architecture and execution, the inlets look like the grew around the metal, not one tiniest sliver of any 'anything' at all, arguably the BEST made piece I've ever handled!

Handy and svelte, it weighs < 5-pounds for a 77-cal fowler of 32" barrel I think it was ... I didn't have a rule or tape measure. Looks like a much scaled down Brown Bess what with the 'Bess palm swell' at the entry thimble. Quite simple, no adornment, but ohhhh so artfully executed!

By Chris Gilgun, of whom I'll be shooting with on this Sunday upcoming ...

E8FF5957-BE63-4CF9-AEC1-24C9D4E4F06C.jpeg

Last edited:
Got to handle this today …

Immaculate architecture and execution, the inlets look like the grew around the metal, not one tiniest sliver of any 'anything' at all, arguably the BEST made piece I've ever handled!

Handy and svelte, it weighs < 5-pounds for a 77-cal fowler of 32" barrel I think it was ... I didn't have a rule or tape measure. Looks like a much scaled down Brown Bess what with the 'Bess palm swell' at the entry thimble. Quite simple, no adornment, but ohhhh so artfully executed!

By Chris Gilgun, of whom I'll be shooting with on this Sunday upcoming ...

View attachment 262757
If that is not a fowler to slobber over I would like to see one to top it! :thumb: Better talk Chris into lettin ya shoot it Sunday.
Larry

Dale, thanks for posting. What a lovely wand Chris built!
I think back to happier times when he and his late former wife were involved with producing the incomparable "Tidings from the 18th Century." I would not be without a copy.
He knows two other brothers from Maine that I have corresponded with -- Mark and the late Paul Daiute.
Please give him respects from a longtime admirer.

Latest posts

Back