• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jukar 45 Cal With fffg

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewTannerCa

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was given a 45 cal Jukar that was assembled some time in the 1970's from a kit and never fired.

A local shop I brought it to sold me round balls, patches, #11 caps, etc. along with fffg. The shop owner suggested I use 30 grains of the fffg for a plinking load.

I'm not interested in doing anything more than punching holes in paper targets and plastic jugs of water. Does this sound like a reasonable load?

Just last Saturday I fired for the first time, a .45 Jukar that I picked up for $10. I had put some decent sights on it, coned the muzzle and decided to give it a try.

45grs of 3f GOEX and r/balls gave me 4 shots touching at 20 yards. I figured that's all the experimenting I needed to do. GW

That's pretty good but you will only find out how good it's really working when you start poking holes at 50 yards. :hmm:

45grs of 3f GOEX and r/balls gave me 4 shots touching at 20 yards. I figured that's all the experimenting I needed to do.

Enough experimenting? I can never get enough experimenting!
That's part of the fun, playing with different loads without having to go home to the loading press and reloading library.
Try a thinner patch, thicker patch, more powder, less powder, Remmie caps, CCI caps so many ways to play without leaving the range.

Mine likes 40 grains, 445 ball, .018 patch. This is a hammer-it-in combo but it puts 'em where you points it.

My boy's 45 caliber jukar barrel likes 40 grains FFFG for targets up to 65 grain for deer. .440 ball and .015 patches

Grey Whiskers said:
Just last Saturday I fired for the first time, a .45 Jukar that I picked up for $10. I had put some decent sights on it, coned the muzzle and decided to give it a try.

45grs of 3f GOEX and r/balls gave me 4 shots touching at 20 yards. I figured that's all the experimenting I needed to do. GW

You spent $10 all at one time? :shocked2:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A few years ago, I got a .45 Jukar Kentucky from one of the auction sites. The barrel was so rusty, I just bought a new barrel from Deer Creek and browned it and refinished the stock. That little rifle is a real tack driver at 50 yards with .440 ball, pillow ticking patch and 70 grains of FFFg Goex. That's the same load I use in my .45 Pedersoli Blue Ridge flinter for deer. A lot of people got their first deer with that rifle :thumbsup:

Back