• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

YES! A.40 cal. Flinter can Kill!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTT

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Just getting home from a wonderful time in Georgia chasing Hogs! May I say the Flinters performed beautifully!! My first day slipping through the flooded timber I slipped into 20 yards of this Beautiful Boar with my .62 cal. Smoothbore, loaded with patch and roundball. Later in the week I killed a young boar with my Longbowand rounding out the trip I ROLLED this hog with my .40 cal Flintlock, loaded with patch and roundball at about 65 yards. What an Awesome Trip with Great Friends and filling a freezers!

Attachments

• 20240218_180716.jpg
    20240218_180716.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240303_101650.jpg
    20240303_101650.jpg
    944.9 KB · Views: 0
  • received_766028671771897.jpeg
    received_766028671771897.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Sorry got interrupted while writing that post, but this was my First kill with that little .40 cal. I was very impressed how that roundball rolled that hog off his feet! Put to bed any doubts I had about using it for deer.

Sorry got interrupted while writing that post, but this was my First kill with that little .40 cal. I was very impressed how that roundball rolled that hog off his feet! Put to bed any doubts I had about using it for deer.
Where did you hit it?

Those hogs look pretty big, better to make them into sausage otherwise they probably will be tough to chew.

I thought I would have some pork chops out of the first hog I killed. HA! I wound up feeding the pork chops to the dog.

Those hogs look pretty big, better to make them into sausage otherwise they probably will be tough to chew.

I thought I would have some pork chops out of the first hog I killed. HA! I wound up feeding the pork chops to the dog.
Always do alot of sausage!!!! Did some small roasts and pulled pork, low and slow!

Heartshot on the big tusker with the .62 and middle center shoulder with the .40. Through shoulder and close lung, ball was found about 3/4 way through far lung
Pretty good performance for a little .40. ball.

Back