• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN WTS Lyman Great Plains (Hunter) 50 cal. perc. $550 shipped

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Decided to keep this one for now

I'm offering for sale this Lyman 50 caliber percussion Great Plains Hunter rifle which I purchased new a few years ago. Original sights replaced with the Lyman 16 and 37 muzzle loader hunting sight set.
This is a beautiful rifle and I always wanted one but old arthritis has made it just too uncomfortable to tote through the woods. I have not shot the rifle with the new sights yet. This rifle was manufactured by Invest Arms of Italy so the twist rate is supposed to be 1-32" to facilitate more accurate shooting of conical bullets. It will be shipped in the original box with paperwork. I'm asking $550 shipped to the lower 48 were legal.
It is pictured with the Lyman peep sight however that will NOT be included at the new price.
I am picturing the rifle with new sights it will come with.

I prefer a check or money order for payment.

Attachments

• DSCF0144.JPG
    DSCF0144.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0145.JPG
    DSCF0145.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0146.JPG
    DSCF0146.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0147.JPG
    DSCF0147.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0148.JPG
    DSCF0148.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0153.JPG
    DSCF0153.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0155.JPG
    DSCF0155.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0156.JPG
    DSCF0156.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0165.JPG
    DSCF0165.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9881.JPG
    IMG_9881.JPG
    991.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm offering for sale this Lyman 50 caliber percussion Great Plains Hunter rifle which I purchased new a few years ago. I replaced the original sights that were useless to my mature eyes with the Lyman 57GPR sight on the rear and a Marbles bead front sight. I also purchased a Skinner front blade sight as some reading indicated it worked better with the peep sight than a bead and it will be included. I have not been able so far to put my paws on the original sights. This is a beautiful rifle and I always wanted one but old arthritis has made it just too uncomfortable to tote through the woods.
After mounting the new sights I fired the rifle less than 10 times, gave it a good cleaning and it’s sat encased in a gun sleeve in my cabinet ever since. This rifle was manufactured by Invest Arms of Italy so the twist rate is supposed to be 1-32" to facilitate more accurate shooting of conical bullets. It will be shipped in the original box with paperwork. I'm asking $650shipped to the lower 48 were legal. I prefer a check or money order for payment…….NO PAYPAL .
Weekend price reduction

I'm offering for sale this Lyman 50 caliber percussion Great Plains Hunter rifle which I purchased new a few years ago. I replaced the original sights that were useless to my mature eyes with the Lyman 57GPR sight on the rear and a Marbles bead front sight. I also purchased a Skinner front blade sight as some reading indicated it worked better with the peep sight than a bead and it will be included. I have not been able so far to put my paws on the original sights. This is a beautiful rifle and I always wanted one but old arthritis has made it just too uncomfortable to tote through the woods.
After mounting the new sights I fired the rifle less than 10 times, gave it a good cleaning and it’s sat encased in a gun sleeve in my cabinet ever since. This rifle was manufactured by Invest Arms of Italy so the twist rate is supposed to be 1-32" to facilitate more accurate shooting of conical bullets. It will be shipped in the original box with paperwork. I'm asking $650shipped to the lower 48 were legal. I prefer a check or money order for payment…….NO PAYPAL .
October. Smells good in the woods.

Sweet hunting rifle, I wish I could afford to take her off your hands. I built a .54 cal GPR flintlock from a Lyman kit and I really like it. Good luck, I hope you get top dollar for her!

Muzzleloader season just around the corner! 🦌

Good Morning,
I am interested. I am curious about the pin placement and some of the fit upfront? they seem to be un-aligned. Is it possible to receive more detailed photos of the handguard area.
beautiful rifle. I did production pottery for close to 7 years, my thumbs at 28 arent what they used to be dipping in cold water back and forth. I can semi-relate to your pains!

- Thank you

Last edited:
Beautiful October Friday. This is a day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Good Morning,
I am interested. I am curious about the pin placement and some of the fit upfront? they seem to be un-aligned. Is it possible to receive more detailed photos of the handguard area.
beautiful rifle. I did production pottery for close to 7 years, my thumbs at 28 arent what they used to be dipping in cold water back and forth. I can semi-relate to your pains!

When you say hand guard area, are you speaking of the section where the pins you mentioned are located or the trigger guard area? I sent new pictures of the forearm both interior and exterior with pins detailed to you as a conservation message last evening. Please reply if more needed.

Last edited:
Saturday morning bump. Have a great weekend.

After mounting the new sights I fired the rifle less than 10 times, gave it a good cleaning and it’s sat encased in a gun sleeve in my cabinet ever since. This rifle was manufactured by Invest Arms of Italy so the twist rate is supposed to be 1-32" to facilitate more accurate shooting of conical bullets. It will be shipped in the original box with paperwork. I'm asking $650shipped to the lower 48 were legal. I prefer a check or money order for payment…….NO PAYPAL
Coolish Sunday morning here

Midweek bump

Early Thursday bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back