• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Won a CVA Hawken on a Raffle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sport has a way of being addictive dosen't it? :shake: Congrats and if it was me I would try to make a deal on the shipping and if it couldn't be shipped then go pick it up. I remember being your age and driving a couple hours one way to see a girl. The rifle will probably last longer than that romance! :rotf:

airmansteve said:
... I remember being your age and driving a couple hours one way to see a girl. The rifle will probably last longer than that romance! :rotf:

Glad to hear that I wasn't the only knothead that did crazy things for "puppy love".
:youcrazy:
For a 3-4 months one year in high school I'd cut some classes about every other Friday to drive to see a girl for the weekend I'd met on summer break, and get back to town just in time to make first period on Monday morning at school. Not just a couple of hours away though... but from my state across the corners of two other states to get to her state... about 640 miles one way. No idea what happened to her either. At least gas was cheap, my hotrod was fast and the law never caught me proving it on those forays. :grin:

I have a CVA Big Bore .58 also.
It is my favorite deer shooter, and with a .570
ball and .010 patch it loads easy and shoots
as well or better than anything I have ever used.

I would pick that rifle up
before something tweaks the deal.

best regards,creosote

I don't know about the raffle that Luie won but with most of the raffles like this the rifle was donated (or sold) by someone to the club for the raffle.

The club is trying to raise money by running the raffle so the idea of shipping the prize to the winner, which could end up costing more than the raffle raised is usually not part of the deal.

A bit different here Zonie. :) The item is mailed unless close by. Almost all tickets have a place for shipping info. But here is all I know about. :idunno: Larry Wv

Grats on the win Luie! :thumbsup:

The funny thing is that when I started my concept was I should get a decent rifle so I can hunt muzzleloader season with it...
Face it, you're an addict. :haha:

I am not :haha:. I'm only an addict if I have more muzzleloaders than modern guns. So... I'm about 1 away from that. The bad thing is that during the week I had my 12 gauge sxs shipped in and told my mom it was the raffle prize. So if I get the raffle shipped I don't have anything to say :idunno:. If I do have to get my raffle shipped in if the guy isn't coming to the shoot on the 20th, my uncle said I could have a gun shipped to his house so my mom wouldn't know :rotf:. Like my dad says, once you get the gun in the cabinet she'll never know because she doesn't know what we've got down there :haha:.

Trying to hide stuff from your Mom is NOT a real great idea.You may think you are getting away with something but believe me Mom knows everything.Been there done that and found out years later she knew all about it.I never figured out how,it just works that way.Congratulations on your new front stuffer.

Ah Charlie, he's just getting practiced up for when he gets married. :shocked2:

:rotf: There it is! :haha:

Might as well start practicing early on. After all, Mom will forgive ya, the Wife will put ya in the dog house, :shocked2:

ooooh noooo. He's not an addict. covering up the new gun and hiding the one mom knew about to get more guns. Guns under the floor boards,behind the seat of the truck,in the rafters of the barn.... but he's not an addict :rotf: :wink:

It's a wonderful thing to be addicted to this hobby. I'm getting worse every day. :surrender: :grin: Keep going luie your doing great. hang on to those guns(all of them)once you get married those oppertunities will be few and far between.

Back