• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Winchester response, Percussion caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How’s this for a non answer to a simple question?

Question: Is Winchester still manufacturing # 10, 11 and #11 magnum percussion caps for BP weapons. If you are, who is stocking them? Or where can we order online?

Answer:

Like many manufacturers in the shooting sports industry, we are experiencing an extremely high demand for our products. We are working as hard as we can to produce an increased supply of quality ammunition to meet our customers’ needs. We appreciate your patience and like always, thank you for choosing Winchester.

A little gun shop over in town has some Winchester #11 magnums for $16.99 a tin. Made me laugh a little when I seen that price. I have personally never used any Winchester caps.

Question: Is Winchester still manufacturing # 10, 11 and #11 magnum percussion caps for BP weapons. If you are, who is stocking them? Or where can we order online?

Answer:

Like many manufacturers in the shooting sports industry, we are experiencing an extremely high demand for our products. We are working as hard as we can to produce an increased supply of quality ammunition to meet our customers’ needs. We appreciate your patience and like always, thank you for choosing Winchester.
You should reply:

“Like many shooters in the black powder shooting/hunting community, we are experiencing an extremely low availability of your products. We are working as hard as we can to procure an increased supply of quality percussion caps to meet our own needs. We hope you appreciate that we are running out of patience, and that you realize, we will think long and hard before choosing Winchester.

Thank you, for not answering our question.”

Answer:

Recently I opened a package of name brand cookies all 3 columns were at least 2 short their reply to my inquiry was coupons for 4 free packages and thanking me for my interest

A little gun shop over in town has some Winchester #11 magnums for $16.99 a tin. Made me laugh a little when I seen that price. I have personally never used any Winchester caps.
ok so i have read this thread, what is bad about these p caps?
on a slightly different topicc , what perccussion caps are smallest and still good i am inventing something. thanks

Maybe the cookies were sold by weigh, not cookie count.
Check the weight on an older package to see if it contained a higher gram weight.
The manufacturer hadn’t received the new down sized packaging yet.
Pay more, get less, the rule of business.

Never seen Winchester percussion caps for sale, only Remington and CCI.

You should reply:

“Like many shooters in the black powder shooting/hunting community, we are experiencing an extremely low availability of your products. We are working as hard as we can to procure an increased supply of quality percussion caps to meet our own needs. We hope you appreciate that we are running out of patience, and that you realize, we will think long and hard before choosing Winchester.

Thank you, for not answering our question.”
say , remember those cap guns when we were kids, ring caps couldnt you pull the ring caps off the ring and use them like percussion caps? just thinking out an issue if it dont assist then ignore it, and ya welcome

i mean those things have a tiny pressed bp disc inside , you can take that disc out using a needle or other slim tool, you can take your old used caps, clean them and add the bp discs into the freshly cleaned caps and you got remade caps right, or do i not know well enoufg how the percussion caps are made?
i am a thinker and most of the time i am in a whole other box

oh the whole winchester thing is a joke , cool. cause all ive found are csi caps, so i am inventing a thing or two. need a particulat size object that does what a percussion cap does. so i need that object to be like as small as possible. its gotta fit into the hollowpoint opening of a reload bullet. smiles, so that when that cap hits the target it goes off and so does what is in the hollow of the reload bullet, its gotta be lead no jackets here. same setup with ground magnesium and phosphrouspowder so when it hits target it melts the lead , 1800degrees lead inside the target, if its not drt its cooked but no matter what, its got other things to deal with than getting away or fighting or anything, its darn difficult to think while lead is melted and burning from the inside.

so i am inventing a thing... one of many. thoughts on it welcome,

say , remember those cap guns when we were kids, ring caps couldnt you pull the ring caps off the ring and use them like percussion caps? just thinking out an issue if it dont assist then ignore it, and ya welcome
It’s funny you should mention them, since that was actually a “real” percussion ignition system in the mid 19th century: The Maynard percussion system. I have attached photos of a drawing and an actual 1855 Springfield with the Maynard system.

Attachments

• F41CEC3D-33E3-412E-B137-682E95734EA5.jpeg
    F41CEC3D-33E3-412E-B137-682E95734EA5.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 49681D2A-74E5-41B4-A193-442982B81A03.jpeg
    49681D2A-74E5-41B4-A193-442982B81A03.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
ok so i have read this thread, what is bad about these p caps?
on a slightly different topicc , what perccussion caps are smallest and still good i am inventing something. thanks
The price of them is higher than most people want to spend. Pre-pandemic, #11 percussion caps were $5 or $6 per tin of 100, in most cases. Now, the best “new” price I have seen in stores ( when you see any percussion caps) is $9.99 for CCI tin of 100. $16.99 is just high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back